Likes Likes:  27
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bike Lanes on Crystal Drive

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KWL View Post
    Someone should put little bike lane stencils between the two lines.
    I have been thinking about doing this for, like, two years--every single time I ride there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I have been thinking about doing this for, like, two years--every single time I ride there.
    It would be more in keeping with Crystal City's previous infra design choices to make it a bus only lane.

3. Likes bentbike33, Emm liked this post
    dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday, there were two ACPD cruisers parked in the Quincy PBL near the auto shop just east of Glebe on the northbound side. There were no officers or activity to be seen. I doubt it was an emergency response situation as the cruisers were neatly tucked into the protected bike lane, making sure not to block the DRIVEWAY TO THE PARKING LOT OF THE AUTO SHOP. It didn't look like they had driven over the flex posts, but instead had taken the time to back in.

And did I mention there was a parking lot they could have stopped in? If that didn't work, there were legal parking spots on Quincy up the street, and plenty of room on 5th to park legally or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    Yesterday, there were two ACPD cruisers parked in the Quincy PBL near the auto shop just east of Glebe on the northbound side. There were no officers or activity to be seen. I doubt it was an emergency response situation as the cruisers were neatly tucked into the protected bike lane, making sure not to block the DRIVEWAY TO THE PARKING LOT OF THE AUTO SHOP. It didn't look like they had driven over the flex posts, but instead had taken the time to back in.

And did I mention there was a parking lot they could have stopped in? If that didn't work, there were legal parking spots on Quincy up the street, and plenty of room on 5th to park legally or not.
    I hope you took photos and forwarded them to the appropriate folks.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    I hope you took photos and forwarded them to the appropriate folks.
    Of course. :-)