Emmanuel Episcopal Church is having a blessing of the bikes again this year. I went last year and it was a lot of fun. The pastor is very enthusiastic and she weaved bicycling all throughout the service. They set up a rack inside the church and at the end your bike will be blessed with a bit of holy water. I'll be there. I also might arrange either breakfast beforehand or lunch afterwards when I have a few moments to think about it.

Blessing of the Bikes Holy Eucharist
Emmanuel Episcopal Church - 1608 Russell Rd, Alexandria, VA 22301
Sunday, June 30
10:30 AM

The 2nd Sunday in summer, Emmanuel invites you to bring your bikes and trikes to church!

Why?
Cycling is not just summer fun; pedal-powered transportation is a great way to stay healthy. It's also environmentally friendly and an affordable means of transportation for the less-well-to-do in the community. It's also an "all ages" way to enjoy God's beautiful creation with friends and family.
Alexandria is a bike friendly town with bike lanes and paths. But the roads still primarily belong to motorists not cyclists. We want to create awareness of safe practices for both drivers and cyclists.
Emmanuel’s 2nd annual Blessing of the Bikes Holy Eucharist will include special scripture, prayers for riders of all kinds, a remembrance of lives lost on the road, and delightful hymns to fit this unique occasion.

We'll process after the service to the Parish Hall, where the clergy will "baptize" bikes and their riders with a splash of holy water.

There will be a "bike mechanic" on hand to give your bike a quick road safety check. And there will be water, Gatorade, and energy bars to take on the road.
Please arrive early!

Starting at 10:00 a.m., prior to the service, we will have "bicycle ushers" to assist you, if need be, to carry your bikes into the Parish Hall.

And no fancy clothes this Sunday. Wear your biking gear or summer fun attire! Friends and neighbors also welcome!