Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Do cyclists think they're above the law, and does it even matter?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do cyclists think they're above the law, and does it even matter?

https://youtu.be/DBP2LTQxqZ8

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ImaCynic View Post
    https://youtu.be/DBP2LTQxqZ8

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    None of us need to click the link to answer those two questions, No, and No.

Post Thanks / Like

This calls for setting priorities, please. First let's address if police and politicians think they're above the law, because THAT matters. Though they (and cyclists) should not be vilified on the whole as it is unfair to the individuals who are the exception.

Post Thanks / Like

why on earth would someone watch a troll bait video asking an inane question?

5. Likes consularrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mstone View Post
    why on earth would someone watch a troll bait video asking an inane question?
    It's actually a very well-made video by The Guardian, discussing cyclist behavior in traffic, some of the reasons why we do the things we do, and whether it's really as bad as non-cyclists are always complaining about.

7. Likes Hancockbs, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane View Post
    It's actually a very well-made video by The Guardian, discussing cyclist behavior in traffic, some of the reasons why we do the things we do, and whether it's really as bad as non-cyclists are always complaining about.
    I have a pretty high threshold before clicking a random video link, so \_(ツ)_/

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for actually viewing the video before commenting. Just trying to show what some non-cyclists perspectives when it comes to cyclist behaviors. I also found the interview with the policeman to be spot on.

10. Likes Hancockbs, Steve O, Tania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was reluctant to watch it because I thought it would cause me to feel even more antagonized than I already am by drivers on a nearly daily basis of late. Having watched it, I wish all those same drivers would watch it, because it’s exactly the kind of thing that might get them to stop antagonizing me just for being “a cyclist.”

12. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A logical and rational pro-cyclist segment. Worth a watch. It emphasizes the second part of the question by concluding, no, it doesn't matter if they think they're above the law because it's not a problem. Cars are the problem.

Personally, I'm not above the law, but I also don't give a priority to the laws that don't care about me. It's fruitless to care about laws that most drivers don't even know, understand or abide by. My laws, in order, that should be everyone's laws: Don't kill anyone. Don't get killed. Don't hurt anyone. Don't get hurt. Protect and respect people/things weaker/smaller than you.

14. Likes wheels&wings, ginacico, mstone, ChristoB50 liked this post