Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Jogger struck on Church Rd (Bowie, MD), 6/15/2019 (A Scenario that Afflicts Cyclists)

Formerly of the Pike where I was hit twice in bike-friendly Arlington. Now in Takoma Park.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jogger struck on Church Rd (Bowie, MD), 6/15/2019 (A Scenario that Afflicts Cyclists)

An amazing 14-year-old was struck and killed on Saturday. I recognize that this forum is mainly for cyclists but it was a scenario that many cyclists find themselves in - crossing a multi-lane road, one driver stops, another doesn't. (I know I've personally complained to PG County about similar intersections within the past few months.) I think there is a vigil tonight if anyone is so inclined.

Link.

Location is here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elbows View Post
    An amazing 14-year-old was struck and killed on Saturday. I recognize that this forum is mainly for cyclists but it was a scenario that many cyclists find themselves in - crossing a multi-lane road, one driver stops, another doesn't. (I know I've personally complained to PG County about similar intersections within the past few months.) I think there is a vigil tonight if anyone is so inclined.

Link.

Location is here.
    That is heart-wrenching. Condolences to the family. I will talk to my children again about this scenario where one car stops and another whips through the gap.
    So sad. Be safe, everyone. w&w

3. Likes Starduster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My former colleague (and former Secretary of the Air Force) Deborah James was hit by a right-on-red car while out walking near here home. Perhaps because she is a VIP, the driver was cited and she was not.