Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: AlexRenew waterways ride in Alexandria, 6/29

Post Thanks / Like

Default AlexRenew waterways ride in Alexandria, 6/29

AlexRenew would like to answer the question: what happens to your water after it goes down the drain or toilet?

This ride will follow the path our water takes in an effort to learn about the wastewater recovery process and how AlexRenew works to improve water quality in our local waterways. We’ll head up to the Four Mile Run Education Station and follow a route that will take us past the Potomac Yard Pump Station and the AlexRenew Wastewater Recovery Campus. We’ll also pass near one of the outfalls that AlexRenew will be remediating as part of its RiverRenew program. Come ride and gain a deeper appreciation of what our water transformers do every day to protect our waterways.

When: Saturday, June 29, at 9:00 a.m.
    Where: Meet at the main entrance to AlexRenew, 1800 Limerick St, Alexandria VA 22314. The route is about 8 miles, with a mix of trails and low-stress streets.
    Who: This no-drop ride is organized by Alexandria's Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (and yours truly!) and is open to everyone.

Details and registration at http://bit.ly/WaterwaysRide. Registration is encouraged, but you are also welcome to join the ride on the day of. Let's ride!

2. Likes Judd liked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm signed up! The info that I learned about AlexRenew on the Earth Day Ride was super interesting and I'm looking forward to learning more about how Alexandria handles waste and stormwater.

Post Thanks / Like

Bump! Don't forget, the ride is this Saturday. Also, the AlexRenew team has offered to give us a special behind-the-scenes tour of one of the pumping stations. Hope to see you there!

5. Likes Judd liked this post