Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: BTWW Jersey--Have New Crystal City Jersey - Wrong Size--Looking for a Swap

Post Thanks / Like

Default BTWW Jersey--Have New Crystal City Jersey - Wrong Size--Looking for a Swap

Karen B and I are looking forward to wearing our Crystal Ride jerseys together on many rides. Unfortunately, and by mistake, I asked for a small size instead of medium when selecting for her! I blew it!

Just maybe, there's someone out there with the opposite problem...

If you have a Women's medium 2019 Henley jersey and want a Women's small in exchange I can help you!

Just give a call or text to: 703-850-4433

Thank you!

Dave (aka FFG)

Post Thanks / Like

Tell her, "Honey, I made that mistake because you look so slender and petite." It won't get you a jersey but it might get you back in her good graces

3. Likes CBGanimal, Steve O liked this post
    dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by accordioneur View Post
    Tell her, "Honey, I made that mistake because you look so slender and petite." It won't get you a jersey but it might get you back in her good graces
    Don't do this. No one wants to feel like their worth is tied up in being slender and petite.

5. Likes CBGanimal, jen_stoly, LhasaCM, Sunyata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    Don't do this. No one wants to feel like their worth is tied up in being slender and petite.
    Dasgeh, thank you for helping me reach a higher level of enlightenment and recognize the body shaming implicit in my previous posting.

I now know to avoid complimenting my wife's appearance, and if I choose to do so, to do it in only in abstract terms not related to any particular aspect of physical appearance which could be construed as my imposing a standard of appearance which she then has to meet or suffer from reduced self-worth. I think she'll like the change.

7. Likes bentbike33, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dave - Have you contacted Cassie? When we started breaking down the CC station, I think I remember seeing just one men's medium jersey remaining. If it is, perhaps she would exchange it.