Likes Likes:  29
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BTWD T-Shirt

Post Thanks / Like

Default BTWD T-Shirt

Hi all - a point of pride I have is owning 9 consecutive bike-to-work-day t-shirts but will be out of town for this year's big day. Does anyone know if its possible to pick up a BTWD t-shirt at a later date? I'm weirdly passionate about getting one and would hate to miss it even if I won't be their for events!

2. Likes irishindc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Someday you may catch up to me!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2002.JPG 
Views:	207 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	20082

4. Likes Judd, Rogerio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bikenetic had a surplus of the shirts from last year's Falls Church stop, I imagine there might be a similar situation this year. If all else fails, you can have mine.

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Our friends at Bike Arlington usually end up with some extras. Iím sure they will be able to hook you up if you say nice things about riding bikes in Arlington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Fourth year in a row that my registered pitstop doesn't have a shirt for me and the pitstop they send me to instead has shirts but they won't give me one because I'm not registered at that pitstop. Admittedly it's a clever way to get more bicycles out there longer if you have them scavenger hunt for t-shirts, but I'm starting to think they just don't like me.

8. Likes irishindc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwhatley View Post
    Hi all - a point of pride I have is owning 9 consecutive bike-to-work-day t-shirts but will be out of town for this year's big day. Does anyone know if its possible to pick up a BTWD t-shirt at a later date? I'm weirdly passionate about getting one and would hate to miss it even if I won't be their for events!
    I was in the same boat a couple of years ago - I was able to pick up a shirt at Bike Arlington HQ.

One of the crew handing out shirts at my pit stop this morning was giving someone instructions for getting a surplus t-shirt (he'd registered too late to get one today), but I wasn't listening closely enough to catch the details, sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan von Buckingham View Post
    Fourth year in a row that my registered pitstop doesn't have a shirt for me and the pitstop they send me to instead has shirts but they won't give me one because I'm not registered at that pitstop. Admittedly it's a clever way to get more bicycles out there longer if you have them scavenger hunt for t-shirts, but I'm starting to think they just don't like me.
    This has happened to me a few times in DC (including today), so don't take it too personally. If you're lucky, you can get there at the same time as someone else who doesn't want their t-shirt so it's all good. Failing that, my general approach has been to either visit one of the larger pit stops (for me, this would be the NoMA stop) where they tend to have tons of extras each year so are more forgiving about checking the list, or visit one of the smaller ones after the official end time to help them get rid of the surplus.

Post Thanks / Like

Bike to event t shirts are unnecessary garbage made by massively polluting factories taking advantage of slave labor in third world countries - be glad you don't have one - and let's not even speak of the water bottles. The more we as a culture reject this kind of stuff the better.

12. Likes Steve O, wheels&wings, Subby, rcannon100 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeprosyStudyGroup View Post
    Bike to event t shirts are unnecessary garbage made by massively polluting factories taking advantage of slave labor in third world countries - be glad you don't have one - and let's not even speak of the water bottles. The more we as a culture reject this kind of stuff the better.
    (All together now)You must be fun at parties.

14. Likes Judd, LeprosyStudyGroup, wheels&wings liked this post
    DismalScientist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeprosyStudyGroup View Post
    I was going to say the same thing about integrated brakes/shifters.

16. Likes ginacico, ursus liked this post