Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: BTWD Tour de Pit Stops

Post Thanks / Like

Default BTWD Tour de Pit Stops

So last year on my way into work I stopped at Vienna (tshirt pick up), Falls Church, East Falls Church Metro, Ballston, Rosslyn, Crystal City (gotta get my jersey), Gravelly Point, then USDA. I also learned that not all pit stops are created equal and some may not be worth going out of the way for them (sparse attendance, no swag, etc. I want to hit a few more this year and am planning to hit the DC Wharf, and maybe Le'Enfant and the SW BID but I don't know if they will be worth it. Also, is Georgetown Waterfront worth it? Never been over there before. My work schedule can be pretty flexible so I'm not too worried about the time getting in, just am trying to route plan.

EDIT: Also last year I hit New District in the afternoon, but was thinking about hitting Heavy Seas in Rosslyn this year. Any thoughts on that? Where do most people go? I think the rain last year impacted attendance.
    Last edited by Brandon; 05-15-2019 at 08:52 AM.

2. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did New District give out pint glasses last year like they did two years ago? That's why I'm thinking of stopping there today instead of Heavy Seas.

Post Thanks / Like

This just in.... MWCOG reports 18,000 participants in Bike to Work Day this year, with 115 pit stops.

5. Likes Dewey, Steve O, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ginacico View Post
    This just in.... MWCOG reports 18,000 participants in Bike to Work Day this year, with 115 pit stops.
    Nice!!
    Recovering from a nasty cold/flu bug most likely given to me while visiting my darling niece and nephew (both under 4) - so this is my 2nd consecutively-missed BTWD -- and there have only been 2 since I got my bike
    I'm either not off to a great start -- or I'm on an unbroken anti-streak!

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    Did New District give out pint glasses last year like they did two years ago? That's why I'm thinking of stopping there today instead of Heavy Seas.
    My wife usually works at New District with a table but found out this year they aren't having tables, so it might be dead there.

8. Likes DanB liked this post