Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  4
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My collision free streak has ended.

Post Thanks / Like

Using a car like a pulling guard in (American) football to block for you can be a good safety strategy, but you can't let your blocker outrun you. That's the reason the ball carrier is generally one of the fastest guys on the team.

Feel better.

2. Likes Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to read of your crash, hope the road rash heals quickly and your bike can be fixed.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear Ken. Hoping you are not feeling too bad today, the road rash heals and they fix that intersection with some traffic control. (Though not sure if it would've helped)

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Ken, I’m so sorry to hear this. Glad you weren’t seriously hurt. Take care and heal quickly. And here’s hoping the Road Warrior will be back in tip-top shape soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for the kind words, here, on strava, and in person. The bike is back in tip top shape thanks to the folks at District Hardware. I am feeling fine - had a bit of next day soreness, but that seems to all be gone now. I have been reimbursed for the full District Hardware bill. I do intend to report this in some fashion to DC. In particular I want to encourage DC to add a traffic signal at NJ and Eye SE (even BikePedantic was not sure of the current status of that). I also intend to avoid that intersection in the PM, which I can do by crossing NJ at L or K SE.

7. Likes wheels&wings, ginacico, dasgeh liked this post
    Falls Church VA or Bristol UK 🇬🇧 or Brazil 🇧🇷
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear @lordofthemark, I am sad to learn of your crash, glad that you emerged w/out disabling injuries (or worse) and that you got reimbursed for repairs to your bike.
    As others have stated, I would encourage you to report the incident both to the police as well as on WABA’s crash tracking database,
    https://www.waba.org/crashtracker/
    which is used to inform local authorities for urban planning and advocacy. I recently had an accident myself, got busted up but was able to ride away, and reported to the police 2 days later; they conducted an investigation which didn’t result in anything, but I did get a copy of their incident report and it was logged into their database.
    I also take this as an opportunity to remind forum readers about WABA’s advice about what to do in case of a crash; I carry a wallet-sized summary in my bike kit on most of my rides just in case...
    https://www.waba.org/resources/what-...after-a-crash/
    Ride on, and ride safely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk