Likes Likes:  39
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd Kiosk Placement

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Hmmmm.. Methinks a Tour De Falls Church Bikeshare is in order starting with some pancakes at Mike's, some pupper walks and ending with some drinks at Clare and Dons.

2. Likes Judd liked this post
    rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    "a minefield of dumb games and social cliques badly disguised as a forum for DC bike advocacy."
    Post Thanks / Like

Ftfu

Quote Originally Posted by judd View Post
    hmmmm.. Methinks a tour de falls church bikeshare is in order starting with some pancakes at mike's, some pupper walks, sol's pie from bikenetic, and ending with some drinks at clare and dons.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_183d.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	20060

4. Likes Sunyata, kwarkentien liked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Ftfu

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_183d.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	20060
    That's a pretty darn good edit. The map got published yesterday afternoon. I'll get to work on it.

6. Likes dasgeh, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    sol's pie from bikenetic,
    Mmm. Just made my first-ever visit to Acme Pies on Columbia Piek this Sunday; had a quiche slice for breakfast, and got a pecan slice planned for later in the day -- only, the pecan didn't make it out of the shop either, as it turned out.
    Edit: Huh - Just looked up Lazy Mike's - I grew up a ways down Shreve Road, and remember when that building was the Arthur Treacher's Fish n Chips; unless I'm mis-remembering the Long John Silvers -- but I thought there was a Treacher's there first, back in the late 70's...
    Last edited by ChristoB50; 05-09-2019 at 09:17 AM.

8. 05-09-2019, 08:44 AM

I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoB50 View Post
    Mmm. Just made my first-ever visit to Acme Pies on Columbia Piek this Sunday; had a quiche slice for breakfast, and got a pecan slice planned for later in the day -- only, the pecan didn't make it out of the shop either, as it turned out.
    Edit: Huh - Just looked up Lazy Mike's - I grew up a ways down Shreve Road, and remember when that building was the Arthur Treacher's Fish n Chips!
    Methinks a pie ride along the Pike is in order...

10. Likes Judd, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    Methinks a pie ride along the Pike is in order...
    A ride from Acme Pies to Livin the Pie Life would be a great example for our decision makers of how terrible some areas still are for biking in Arlington.

Columbia Pike >> Glebe Rd. *blech*

12. Likes Judd, dasgeh, ginacico liked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris_s View Post
    A ride from Acme Pies to Livin the Pie Life would be a great example for our decision makers of how terrible some areas still are for biking in Arlington.

Columbia Pike >> Glebe Rd. *blech*
    I think an Arlington death pie ride can be arranged.

14. Likes dasgeh, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoB50 View Post
    Edit: Huh - Just looked up Lazy Mike's - I grew up a ways down Shreve Road, and remember when that building was the Arthur Treacher's Fish n Chips; unless I'm mis-remembering the Long John Silvers -- but I thought there was a Treacher's there first, back in the late 70's...
    I live close by now, and it was a Long John Silver's until only a year or two ago. Maybe it was an Arthur Treacher's before that? Either way, words can't do justice to how happy I was when that place closed down and the stench of rancid fish fry oil finally dissipated.

16. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane View Post
    I live close by now, and it was a Long John Silver's until only a year or two ago. Maybe it was an Arthur Treacher's before that? Either way, words can't do justice to how happy I was when that place closed down and the stench of rancid fish fry oil finally dissipated.
    Oh yeah - it was always a distinctly and strongly fragrant place
    So much change there from the 70's forward... that McD's was also several other things I remember, before -- it was a Roy Rogers, a Gino's, maybe even one or two other things...
    But thinking back now, I suspect the Mike's building was in fact, always a Long John during my time growing up... (I lived just off Shreve from 1976 - 1987.) I asked in the family, and nobody else remembers it being a Treacher's before.
    So I'm probably conflating that memory with one of the other (now defunct) Northern Virginia Treacher's that used to exist...

18. Likes kwarkentien liked this post