Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Needs signs for dog walkers on the trail.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Needs signs for dog walkers on the trail.

On the trails, I see many signs warning and educating cyclists but there is no signs for dog walkers about the long leash.

I went down hard yesterday when a dog with a long leash jumped in front of me last second when it saw another dog. I rang my bell hard and called passed on your left. I was able to void this many times in the past but it got me this time. I'm still pissing at the owner.

Post Thanks / Like

At least in Arlington, leash ordinances have two components:
    1. On a leash, AND
    2. Under the owner’s control.

Don’t see how anyone can meet the second requirement with a leash that is longer than 6 feet when walking on a trail or sidewalk, neither one of which is typically that wide.

3. Likes Steve O liked this post
    rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

You really think I cant control a dog on a leash longer than 6 feet? Really?

The rant in this post can be made about absolutely every tribe that uses the WOD. Cyclists. Joggers (oooh I hate them). People with baby strollers. Dog walkers. People with horses. People who use those stupid jogging machines on wheels. Krakens.

Putting up signs will do nothing. Being pissed does nothing except get you pissed.

This is the WOD, the international highway of posers. There is only one thing you can change: yourself. Idiots are going to be idiots. All you can do is slow way down around them - or bike somewhere else (I tend to do both).

Post Thanks / Like

Shoot, Bob. You can control dogs with your mind. This has no relevance to you...
    Last edited by OneEighth; 05-07-2019 at 01:06 PM. Reason: By “anyone” I clearly meant “anyone other than Bob.” Better?

6. Likes Steve O, consularrider liked this post
    rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OneEighth View Post
    Shoot, Bob. You can control dogs with your mind. This has no relevance to you...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh the leash... remember this?

Name:  national-lampoons-vacation-chevy-chase.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  27.0 KB

9. Likes rcannon100 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    You really think I cant control a dog on a leash longer than 6 feet? Really?

The rant in this post can be made about absolutely every tribe that uses the WOD. Cyclists. Joggers (oooh I hate them). People with baby strollers. Dog walkers. People with horses. People who use those stupid jogging machines on wheels. Krakens.

Putting up signs will do nothing. Being pissed does nothing except get you pissed.

This is the WOD, the international highway of posers. There is only one thing you can change: yourself. Idiots are going to be idiots. All you can do is slow way down around them - or bike somewhere else (I tend to do both).
    Somebody laminate this post and put it on signs at a buncha places.

11. Likes Judd, rcannon100, highline liked this post
    Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I still have two puncture wound scars form my birthday dog bite while riding on a "trail" in Leesburg. I slowed way down and the dog still lunged and bit me. Should have been going all out in the rain.