Likes Likes:  28
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crystal City Bike to Work WEEK signup available

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crystal City Bike to Work WEEK signup available

I expect a bunch of us today received emails from the nice folks at the Crystal City BID reminding us to register for the best Bike To Work Day "event" -- the Crystal City Bike To Work Week

Details and a link to the registration form are on the CC BID site: https://www.crystalcity.org/do/bike-to-work-week9

In addition to historically being a good source of swag (especially for those who check in every day!), the CC week stop is a good place to catch up with forum friends.

Oh, and, yeah, the regional Bike to Work Day site's signup form is also live, start at http://www.biketoworkmetrodc.org/

2. Likes ChristoB50, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peterw_diy View Post
    I expect a bunch of us today received emails from the nice folks at the Crystal City BID reminding us to register for the best Bike To Work Day "event" -- the Crystal City Bike To Work Week

Details and a link to the registration form are on the CC BID site: https://www.crystalcity.org/do/bike-to-work-week9
    The email also requested volunteers. Volunteering is great since if you volunteer, you can mark down as attending on a day you cant make it. So I'll be volunteering Wednesday, so that I can get my sweet "attended all week" swag, even though I wont be able to make it Friday due to volunteering at a pit stop in Alexandria...

Per the email
    "If you are interested in volunteering on one or more days, contact Cassie Hurley at churley@crystalcity.org. "

4. Likes dasgeh, Arlingtonrider, Boomer2U liked this post
    dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    The email also requested volunteers. Volunteering is great since if you volunteer, you can mark down as attending on a day you cant make it. So I'll be volunteering Wednesday, so that I can get my sweet "attended all week" swag, even though I wont be able to make it Friday due to volunteering at a pit stop in Alexandria...

Per the email
    "If you are interested in volunteering on one or more days, contact Cassie Hurley at churley@crystalcity.org. "
    Thanks to the people who volunteer and just show up to these things. Many of us can't be there, and it's great that community exists.

6. Likes Arlingtonrider, Steve O liked this post
    Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post

Per the email
    Thanks for the reminder.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm volunteering at CCBTWW Tuesday and Friday (after I pick up my t-shirt at the Del Ray pit stop). Stop by and say hi.

9. Likes Judd, kwarkentien, Boomer2U liked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be staffing the WABA tent at Crystal City again this year. Come on by and extend your membership with me.

11. Likes Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I started working in Crystal City earlier this year, but I will probably be out of town that week. I'm an early morning person (arrived at ~0615 this morning) and work on the south side (south of 27th) but I would have found a way to stop by.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I will be staffing the WABA tent at Crystal City again this year. Come on by and extend your membership with me.
    As someone mentioned, you should never need to buy your own coffee or beer because of your advocacy. I offer to "buy" you coffee during CC Bike to Work Week in addition to extending my WABA membership.

14. Likes Judd, LhasaCM, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    I started working in Crystal City earlier this year, but I will probably be out of town that week. I'm an early morning person (arrived at ~0615 this morning) and work on the south side (south of 27th) but I would have found a way to stop by.
    Hope plans change and you're not out of town. Bike To Work Week is a lot of fun. I became friends with Komorebi and LSG three years ago because of Bike to Work Week where we hatched a plan to ride our bikes to Baltimore. The great thing is that there's a photographer on site, so if you make friends with someone, you might have a picture of the day you became friends.

Name:  IMG_1951-3638x2729.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  99.0 KB

16. Likes LhasaCM, kwarkentien, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KWL View Post
    As someone mentioned, you should never need to buy your own coffee or beer because of your advocacy. I offer to "buy" you coffee during CC Bike to Work Week in addition to extending my WABA membership.

This advocacy thing is starting to pay off...

18. Likes LhasaCM, kwarkentien, ginacico, KWL liked this post