Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: GoPro Recommendations

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Crystal City to L'Enfant Plaza
    Posts
    2,243
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default GoPro Recommendations

    Are there any current recommendations (asking for a friend) on GoPro cameras? He's looking for a bike or bike helmet mounted system.

    Your advice would be appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Falls Church
    Posts
    235
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    GoPro has trimmed their product line considerably, so there isn't much choices remain. If he doesn't care about having the latest and greatest, check out HERO5 as I believe they offer the best value. He should also check out the recently discontinued Session line if he wants something more discreet.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    MoCo
    Posts
    1,027
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImaCynic View Post
    GoPro has trimmed their product line considerably, so there isn't much choices remain. If he doesn't care about having the latest and greatest, check out HERO5 as I believe they offer the best value. He should also check out the recently discontinued Session line if he wants something more discreet.
    Yeah, I'd go with the cheapest. Performance on all of the current offerings is more than adequate for someone not looking to post amazing videos of themselves shredding. And all out now, I believe, have replay screens on the back.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arlingrton
    Posts
    258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crickey7 View Post
    Yeah, I'd go with the cheapest. Performance on all of the current offerings is more than adequate for someone not looking to post amazing videos of themselves shredding. And all out now, I believe, have replay screens on the back.
    My Hero5 has a screen. The older models like my 3 can be outfitted with an accessory rear screen that works well.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    465
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not a GoPro, but check out Cycliq, which captures both front and rear. They sometimes offer 20% off(Bike to work week?). Now they offer 10% for first order if you join their site.

    https://cycliq.com/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    GoPro Hero 5 offers pretty much everything needed, but the 7 does provide better stabilization. Session is a smaller camera, but does not have interchangeable batteries. Unless you run a separate battery pack, you're limited to it's two hour internal charge.

  7. Likes Judd liked this post
  8. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n18 View Post
    Not a GoPro, but check out Cycliq, which captures both front and rear. They sometimes offer 20% off(Bike to work week?). Now they offer 10% for first order if you join their site.

    https://cycliq.com/
    I've had good experiences with both the Fly12 CE (the newer version of the Fly12) and an older version of the Fly6.

    Cycliq's currently running a 20% off promo through Sunday, June 2nd. The promo code is "SUBSCRIBER20".

  9. Likes LhasaCM liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •