Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: GoPro Recommendations

Post Thanks / Like

Default GoPro Recommendations

Are there any current recommendations (asking for a friend) on GoPro cameras? He's looking for a bike or bike helmet mounted system.

Your advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

GoPro has trimmed their product line considerably, so there isn't much choices remain. If he doesn't care about having the latest and greatest, check out HERO5 as I believe they offer the best value. He should also check out the recently discontinued Session line if he wants something more discreet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ImaCynic View Post
    GoPro has trimmed their product line considerably, so there isn't much choices remain. If he doesn't care about having the latest and greatest, check out HERO5 as I believe they offer the best value. He should also check out the recently discontinued Session line if he wants something more discreet.
    Yeah, I'd go with the cheapest. Performance on all of the current offerings is more than adequate for someone not looking to post amazing videos of themselves shredding. And all out now, I believe, have replay screens on the back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crickey7 View Post
    Yeah, I'd go with the cheapest. Performance on all of the current offerings is more than adequate for someone not looking to post amazing videos of themselves shredding. And all out now, I believe, have replay screens on the back.
    My Hero5 has a screen. The older models like my 3 can be outfitted with an accessory rear screen that works well.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a GoPro, but check out Cycliq, which captures both front and rear. They sometimes offer 20% off(Bike to work week?). Now they offer 10% for first order if you join their site.

https://cycliq.com/

Post Thanks / Like

GoPro Hero 5 offers pretty much everything needed, but the 7 does provide better stabilization. Session is a smaller camera, but does not have interchangeable batteries. Unless you run a separate battery pack, you're limited to it's two hour internal charge.

7. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by n18 View Post
    Not a GoPro, but check out Cycliq, which captures both front and rear. They sometimes offer 20% off(Bike to work week?). Now they offer 10% for first order if you join their site.

https://cycliq.com/
    I've had good experiences with both the Fly12 CE (the newer version of the Fly12) and an older version of the Fly6.

Cycliq's currently running a 20% off promo through Sunday, June 2nd. The promo code is "SUBSCRIBER20".

9. Likes LhasaCM liked this post