Likes Likes:  114
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: W&OD Detours Coming Soon

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    I noticed that this morning as well. The detour sign is pointing towards 9th Rd N, which does not bring you anywhere near the Custis Trail on the other side of 66.
    Is it possible to lumberjack the signs?

DismalScientist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    They did a crappy, crappy job of signing the detour. I knew the way I SHOULD go but I followed the official signs and it took me out to Wilson.
    This reminds me of the movie Deliverance. If you listen closely, you can hear the banjos playing in the neighborhood. Be very careful.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know that I was not the only one who messed up. At 0-dark-30 I headed westbound and didn't notice a sign for the left at the bridge to cross I-66, so I passed it even though I knew it was there somewhere. I realized I missed it about 10 feet later. Then when I crossed the bridge, I knew I should make a right and it, but didn't see a sign. It is probably there, but it wasn't obvious.

OTOH, the new detour, east of the Citizens Bridge on the W&OD, has a lit sign. In addition, it might be least detourish of any detour I have seen.

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

I received an email from the Arlington trails manager indicating that the signs should now be complete and correct.

Please email kstalica (at) arlingtonva.us if that is not the case.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I received an email from the Arlington trails manager indicating that the signs should now be complete and correct.

Please email kstalica (at) arlingtonva.us if that is not the case.
    They were fixed-ish when I went through there yesterday afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    Can we harness your powers to get things done?
    I think that my powers only work in a negative way. This and the rain for last year's Hains Point 100. http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...734#post183734
    OTOH, when the end of the Custis trail is completed, it will eliminate the blind curve at the end which is good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    They were fixed-ish when I went through there yesterday afternoon.
    I didn't look on the way back from Purcellville since I took the Metro home from East Falls Church. Hopefully I will be back within a week.

Post Thanks / Like

I took bentbike's 11th/14th street detour (from when the W&OD was closed in Feb for erosion issues) and avoided all of it. That section of the trail is one big mental suck for me.

9. Likes bentbike33 liked this post
    Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Arlington Loop variant, so many detours, so little time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    I took bentbike's 11th/14th street detour (from when the W&OD was closed in Feb for erosion issues) and avoided all of it. That section of the trail is one big mental suck for me.
    Where does that end up crossing I-66? Either that or can someone direct me to that thread? I do recall that thread but just gave up looking for it. I always have trouble with the organizational structure of this forum's posts.