Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: urgent question about shoes.

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default urgent question about shoes.

Spokes has a sale on bontrager solstice. Marked down from $100 to $80. (I am also looking at Giro Rumble VR at $80, at Contes) Sale ends COB today.

Is this too good to pass up?

(more info - Spokes will fit my cleats for me, I think Contes won't and Bontrager will take them back if returned in 30 days)

Edit : Never mind, I bought the Bontragers. We can discuss at coffee club
    Last edited by lordofthemark; 04-14-2019 at 01:53 PM.

2. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For future reference - if you do a lot of walking in your bike shoes, the Giro Rumble VR might be the greatest shoes ever made. The soles aren't as firm as serious road shoes, so they're not a good choice if you're maximizing performance. But if you're going to be walking, they're fantastic. I've actually forgotten I was wearing bike shoes on more than one occasion.

4. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    For future reference - if you do a lot of walking in your bike shoes, the Giro Rumble VR might be the greatest shoes ever made. The soles aren't as firm as serious road shoes, so they're not a good choice if you're maximizing performance. But if you're going to be walking, they're fantastic. I've actually forgotten I was wearing bike shoes on more than one occasion.
    I have around 4,000 miles on mine and they're still in pretty good shape.

6. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post

Thanks. The Bontragers seem easy to walk in (so far) - I had been mentally prepared for it being like trudging around in ski boots. They also come with little covers to protect the cleats during extensive walking. If it turns out to be a big problem, I can return the Bontragers (within 30 days) and get the Giro's.

8. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by secstate View Post
    I have around 4,000 miles on mine and they're still in pretty good shape.
    Walking or riding?

10. Likes secstate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Riding. They're fine for walking but do crunch on uneven pavement.