Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: WABA, Europe Liaison: Belgium Office now open

Post Thanks / Like

Default WABA, Europe Liaison: Belgium Office now open

Greetings from Flanders region in Belgium. I am writing this overlooking a bucolic landscape smack-dab between Brussels and Leuven listening to Sonic Youth and sipping on a Grimbergen Blonde. It's been 9 months since I moved here from NOVA and I think I've got the greater Brussels area mapped out. More importantly, I feel I know enough to help visitors make the most of their stay here. If your summer travel plans take you this way, please know that you have a place to stay for a couple nights and a ton of advice, all free of charge. If I can verify you're a contributing member to the WABA forum in good standing then you're good to go. This place is too nice not to share...

This is me: https://www.strava.com/athletes/15179914

Cheers,
    CT

Post Thanks / Like

The family and I will be in Dinant (in hopes of finding where this French last name came from even though my grandfather's family was British for generations) then Brussels for a few days this summer - I may be in touch

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

This is totally rad!

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Gee, too bad the Frankfurt Liaison Office is about to close. Only one WABA visitor in three years.

My occasional riding partner will be transferring to Brussels as of August and he may be looking for someone for an occasional easy ride. There's a remote possibility of my visit there in the next three years.

5. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    Gee, too bad the Frankfurt Liaison Office is about to close. Only one WABA visitor in three years.

My occasional riding partner will be transferring to Brussels as of August and he may be looking for someone for an occasional easy ride. There's a remote possibility of my visit there in the next three years.
    Well I may have just jinxed myself -- looks like the Belgium office may shut down this summer and another German office may open up. The timeline is still squishy but if your riding partner has any questions, etc. send 'em my way and I'll try to help.

7. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionTier View Post
    Well I may have just jinxed myself -- looks like the Belgium office may shut down this summer and another German office may open up. The timeline is still squishy but if your riding partner has any questions, etc. send 'em my way and I'll try to help.
    Stuttgart with Andy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    in hopes of finding where this French last name came from
    Hopefully you will find it should be spelled with an "l", since the rest of us can't seem to stop spelling it that way

10. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by accordioneur View Post
    Hopefully you will find it should be spelled with an "l", since the rest of us can't seem to stop spelling it that way
    I can't be bothered if no one knows how to spell.

12. Likes Steve O, kwarkentien liked this post