Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Connecticut Avenue underpass at Dupont Circle

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MCL1981 View Post
    I didn't think I was crossing the line given he posted that he is by default a professional and does not make mistakes. I agree with your assessment of this forum's decorum and I don't want to change that. However I am having difficulty finding a more appropriate description of this individual's apparent attitude toward the world. I could probably have done without it. But for the discussion in general, he opened the door to this by creating a post about it.
    Thanks for writing back. From your other posts, you seem like a good cyclist. I just thought the leap from "I disagree with what planetmike wrote about a police officer in this particular interaction" to "planetmike is so arrogant" was a step too far. You disagree with the point, fine. Just don't attack the person.

Additionally, you seem to be reading an attitude into statements posted on a forum, which is dangerous territory.

FWIW, I didn't read what planetmike wrote as "I never make mistakes". I thought he (I'm assuming that he's a guy) was trying to say (1) there's a specific definition of a "profession" and police officer doesn't count; and (2) he confers with others before he acts in a way that impacts others in his job, while this officer seemed to have pull him over without consulting a colleague or the books. I don't agree with everything planetmike has written here, but I think he's correct on (1) (though what public servant needs less respect these days) and it does seem like the police officer abused his authority in that he was wrong on the law.

Post Thanks / Like

I was referring to post #8 regarding mistakes made at work where he says "I do not make such mistakes". Right after explaining how only certain people are allowed to be considered professionals. It just blows my mind that he keeps talking about it in this thread and at the same demands that I not to talk about it. I'm sure if I agreed with him, he would have no problem with my alleged "ad hominem off topic replies".

Of course, by his own hollier than thou definition of "professional", the police certainly meet his definition word for word. So his most recent smearing of anyone that isn't a doctor, lawyer, or scientists is probably the most absurd thing he's posted yet. Though I will give him this much... his screen name is appropriate.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be closing this thread soon. If anyone has anything to post that has something to do with bicycling, please post it, leaving out insults.
    Last edited by Joe Chapline; 11-14-2011 at 05:39 PM.

DismalScientist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a professional. I screw up all the time. Including this post. Sorry, my bad.