Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone have a mechanic that they love?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeGortex View Post
    And that pick up will be my new-to-me Open U.P. Classic frame that I scored from the Pros Closet.
    I'm pretty sure I saw your frame in the shop (orange bikes are tight!). Sucks about the DK though.

2. Likes JorgeGortex liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I'm pretty sure I saw your frame in the shop (orange bikes are tight!). Sucks about the DK though.
    Cool! Yeah, There were, surprisingly, a couple of orange bikes in there at the same time when I picked up my bike. Working with Pete to get her up and ready was great. Loved working with him and they are now my go to shop. The day my bike was ready I hopped in the car with the wife and son and started to head over when three blocks away, when we stopped for traffic, I realized I had everything to ride the bike home but forgot my shoes... so I hopped out, let them go on to their destination and hiked back up the hill to the house. I grabbed my walking gear and started the 2-mile walk to the shop. Got there, chatted for a while and went over the bike with Pete. Then, I was off... motoring towards home on my ride. Sweet. So, for those that are interested, meet Clementine:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190408_104634.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	19950

4. Likes Emm, huskerdont, josh, KWL, Sunyata, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool! Yeah, There were, surprisingly, a couple of orange bikes in there at the same time when I picked up my bike. Working with Pete to get her up and ready was great. Loved working with him and they are now my go to shop.
    Assuming you were there in the past couple days, one of those bikes was mine! It looks good (and fast).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Assuming you were there in the past couple days, one of those bikes was mine! It looks good (and fast).
    Yeah, I brought her home on the 2nd. I was drooling over the Rodeolabs bikes I saw in there. They look really sweet. Clem, is faster than I can make her go at the moment. The 38mm tires are a bit wide, but they add some nice cushion when I took her out on the Towpath recently. Definitely faster than my old Specialized Stumpjumper HT from'95. What are you riding?

Post Thanks / Like

Laura at Proteus. Best bike mechanic that has worked on my bikes.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I brought her home on the 2nd. I was drooling over the Rodeolabs bikes I saw in there. They look really sweet. Clem, is faster than I can make her go at the moment. The 38mm tires are a bit wide, but they add some nice cushion when I took her out on the Towpath recently. Definitely faster than my old Specialized Stumpjumper HT from'95. What are you riding?
    Orange Santa Cruz Stigmata, shown with some plush 38mm tires too:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190319_143815.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	19963

It's been a sweet bike for me. I threw some MXPs on one wheelset for my first cross season last fall, have done a handful of road races and crits with skinny tires on a different wheelset, and some gravel races here and there. This is making me think I really need to sell some bikes soon.

9. Likes kwarkentien, JorgeGortex liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty ride, Josh! I love the versatility of the new all-road machines. But I don't think I can give up my road machine b/c it is so light. I am trying to pair down now though.

George