Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tues 3/11: Kitty Leaves the Country TTFN Happy Hour!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tues 3/12: Kitty Leaves the Country TTFN Happy Hour!

With apologies for the short notice, "the gubment" decided I need to leave for Brazil ASAP. Please join me for a drinks and "see-you-laters" tomorrow evening!

Where: Quarterdeck - 1200 Fort Myer Dr, Arlington, VA 22209 (Basically ride to the Marine Corps Memorial/Iwo Jima and you're almost there.)
    When: Tuesday, March 12, 5ish-7ish
    Why:
    • After an 11-month holding-pattern, Kitty is taking off!
    • She's trying to execute an international move in double time and needs a hug and a mug. Q.Q)
    • Despite her better efforts to NOT set roots, you all integrated her into a community of friends and now she's sad to go.
    • BAFS Points (Miles, beer... are hushpuppies dumplings or doggies?)

How: By any means necessary.

I hope to see some of you there! Swing by on your way home or make the trip and enjoy the weather!
    Last edited by Kitty; 03-11-2019 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Fixed date... need to fix watch...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. I see now that the date is wrong on the thread title and I can't seem to fix it. -.- March 12 is correct

Post Thanks / Like

I sadly don't get out of work until almost 7 so I wont be able to make this. But please know that I'll miss you and can't wait to see you on your next visit to DC! *hugs*

4. Likes Kitty, kwarkentien liked this post
    Dislikes Kitty disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope to swing by on my way home. It would be wrong to send you off to another country without buying you a beer!

6. Likes Kitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, congrats!

I've got another event that evening I was planning to go to...in Silver Spring.... Fortunately it doesn't start until 7:30, so I may still be able to show up on the early side.

8. Likes Steve O, Kitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    With apologies for the short notice, "the gubment" decided I need to leave for Brazil ASAP. Please join me for a drinks and "see-you-laters" tomorrow evening!

Where: Quarterdeck - 1200 Fort Myer Dr, Arlington, VA 22209 (Basically ride to the Marine Corps Memorial/Iwo Jima and you're almost there.)
    When: Tuesday, March 12, 5ish-7ish
    Why:
    • After an 11-month holding-pattern, Kitty is taking off!
    • She's trying to execute an international move in double time and needs a hug and a mug. Q.Q)
    • Despite her better efforts to NOT set roots, you all integrated her into a community of friends and now she's sad to go.
    • BAFS Points (Miles, beer... are hushpuppies dumplings or doggies?)

How: By any means necessary.

I hope to see some of you there! Swing by on your way home or make the trip and enjoy the weather!
    I plan to be there, kitty! Sad you are leaving your nova bike family, but wishing you epic adventures and corgis in your next step!

10. Likes Kitty, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am more than a little bummed to miss this.

I am sending you well wishes for a safe journey and an unforgettable (in a good way) adventure!

12. Likes Kitty liked this post
    Dislikes Kitty disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Regrets, Kitty. I am putting out fires at work this evening. Please keep in touch! -Sarah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by infinitebuffalo View Post
    Whoa, congrats!

I've got another event that evening I was planning to go to...in Silver Spring.... Fortunately it doesn't start until 7:30, so I may still be able to show up on the early side.
    I have made it... I think. Where're y'all at?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Kitty! Regret I can't get over there in time, but congrats and bon voyage in service to our country. Please keep in touch with us here- we want to hear about cycling in Brasil!

Seen on the road today-

Name:  20190312_154837.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  98.7 KB

A reminder of the "It's not about the cherry blossoms" ride you led to perfection last year.
    Last edited by Starduster; 03-12-2019 at 09:21 PM. Reason: now if I can rotate that picture...

16. Likes SarahBee liked this post