Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Not the day we were planning - bowing out of BAFS 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Stop making assumptions Steve

2. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I rode with clipless pedals today! This was a bit of a psychological hurdle to get over. Last time I wore these shoes was the day I tore it, and I remember sitting in the ER with my shoes on for a while until the foot swelled enough to hurt and I had to take the right shoe off. And for months after the surgery, my foot was too swollen to wear the bike shoes. But today I put them back on and rode and it was fine.

Next hurdle - getting back on the fixie. It's currently geared at 46/16, which I think is a hair aggressive for my current fitness level and leg strength.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    I rode with clipless pedals today! This was a bit of a psychological hurdle to get over. Last time I wore these shoes was the day I tore it, and I remember sitting in the ER with my shoes on for a while until the foot swelled enough to hurt and I had to take the right shoe off. And for months after the surgery, my foot was too swollen to wear the bike shoes. But today I put them back on and rode and it was fine.

Next hurdle - getting back on the fixie. It's currently geared at 46/16, which I think is a hair aggressive for my current fitness level and leg strength.
    Great to see you back in the saddle and making progress, Jon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes jrenaut liked this post