Likes Likes:  125
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Not the day we were planning - bowing out of BAFS 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, ooh, ouch, that sucks, so sorry Jon. Sending hugs and get-well wishes to you and to Gremlin2. That sort of thing is every bike-parent’s nightmare. Amazing that they were able to re-set the teeth. Fingers crossed for your Achilles. Speedy recovery to you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Likes jrenaut, LhasaCM, Starduster, Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's awful for you and Gremlin 2, who sounds like an amazing and tough kiddo. Hope everyone heals quickly.

4. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear Jon. Hope you and Gremlin 2 heal quick.

6. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What a frightening story to read and imagine going through... glad you’ve got a tough one there, and hopefully that also means getting back in the saddle for both of you once (hopefully speedy) healing allows...

8. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoB50 View Post
    What a frightening story to read and imagine going through... glad you’ve got a tough one there, and hopefully that also means getting back in the saddle for both of you once (hopefully speedy) healing allows...
    Yeah, she'll definitely be back on her bike. She's mostly just ticked she has to take a few weeks off playing soccer. And I'm trying to figure out how to do my job without my bike for the next however many weeks...

10. Likes Nadine, Emm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I believe BEER is therapeutic in the healing process...

12. Likes jrenaut, Steve O, Emm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

jrenaut- Am so sorry you wrecked. Were it me, I would be most frightened for the *most precious cargo on earth* riding with you. Wishing her quick healing with NO long term damage to her teeth. And hopefully for you, a shorter than the norm recovery.
    Last edited by Starduster; 03-10-2019 at 09:41 AM.

14. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Day 2 update - Gremlin 2 is in good spirits. She is upset she's missing her first soccer tournament of the season this weekend, but not in any pain (which is amazing). I am already getting cabin fever from rolling around the house on a knee roller and am already googling "hand powered recumbent trike". I'm not in any pain, either, which is entirely weird.

Today will be only the third day of BAFS I've missed since I started in year 2, and the other two were while we were flying to and from Australia and it was literally impossible to get a ride in.

So, could have been way worse. Thanks for all the well-wishes.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeeez Jon I'm so sorry to hear this. And what a TROUPER your awesome daughter is! I hope your Achilles heals with no pain. Your daughter sounds like she don't need no stinkin' well wishes, but she's got mine anyhow. And probably my vote, if she ever decides to run for anything I can vote for!

Don't worry about freezing Saddles. We love you guys anyhow. You might just hafta wait to ride til is nicer out.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You think that qualifies you to withdraw from Freezing Saddles??? Ha! There is no bowing out of this funfest.

But seriously, rest up, heal well, and see you at closing happy hour. Thanks for all you do. #badassbikingfamily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Likes jrenaut, Steve O, Emm liked this post