Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Elevation Per Mile (Billy Goat)/Overall Elevation Gain - BAFS 2019 Pointless Prize

Post Thanks / Like

Default Elevation Per Mile (Billy Goat)/Overall Elevation Gain - BAFS 2019 Pointless Prize

Since I ride about the least elevation per mile, I will be awarding the Billy Goat prize this year to both the male and female riders with the most elevation gain per mile as captured on FS website:

https://freezingsaddles.org/pointless/billygoat-indiv

The current 1st place rider at (233.61 ft perm mile) looks to be an error and unless I hear otherwise will not be included for consideration. [update - it appears Payton did apply Strava's elevation correction function, but the correction did not update the Freezing Saddles Leaderboards. Strava has 30K elevation to date, and leaderboards have 227K, so it is a data glitch that will not be included]

I'll keep last years rule of: You must have a minimum of 29,029 ft of climbing total (height of Mt. Everest).

As this category, generally doesn't include riders with the highest overall mileage, I will also present the same prize to both the male and female riders who have the highest elevation gain in total as captured at:

https://freezingsaddles.org/leaderbo...vidual_various (again, the current 1st place rider at 226,003 feet will be excluded as a data error)

I know this is being announced late in the event, but that way it should award the prize to the riders who just love to climb hills without the promise of any reward,
    except.....well, I can't really think of any good reason/reward to purposely ride up hills.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	goat.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	19720
    Additional rule for both categories is that all potential Billy Goats must pedal themselves up hills without assistance.

Onward and upward to the Billy Goat winners.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob James; 03-07-2019 at 07:46 PM.

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we please, please fix this.

Name:	fix this.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	19840

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Can we please, please fix this.

Name:	fix this.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	19840
    It was harder to fix because you put the circle there, but I was able to do a little magic in Paint. You're welcome!

Name:	THIS FIXED.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	19841

4. Likes KWL, Steve O, Sunyata, bikedavid, Bob James liked this post