Likes Likes:  68
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: It's Coming! The FSLNHPP!! March 19

  1. #1
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pentagon City in Arlington VA
    Posts
    4,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default It's Coming! The FSLNHPP!! March 19

    Originally inspired by jrenaut, the FSLNHPP* has become one of the most-loved traditions of Freezing Saddles.

    In a final show of our Rule 9 badassery, we finish off another year of Freezing Saddles by riding around Hains Point until a few minutes before midnight. At that point, we stop at the point, curse winter, and toast with some "lemonade."
    The threads from previous years are fun to read and will give you a sense if you've not joined us before, or a chance to reminisce if you have (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018). I can proudly say that I am one of at most 2 people who has attended every one.

    Captains - Rally your teams, wear costumes, create a theme, be creative. The team with the most riders may or may not receive a Pointless Prize.

    As the organizer, I will bring a vehicle that will serve as a rendezvous point. We'll have snacks and beverages. You are encouraged to bring additional snacks and beverages to share.

    More details to follow, but I want to make sure everyone has this on their calendar.



    *Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party

  2. Likes LhasaCM, consularrider, jrenaut, awitt, drevil liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Posts
    5,611
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So I can ride until 5 am CET and still count?

  4. #3
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pentagon City in Arlington VA
    Posts
    4,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default One week from tonight!! The FSLNHPP

    It's just one week away! Yes, the 2019 FSLNHPP is fast approaching.
    It's on a Tuesday, so only the true badasses (like yours truly) will last till the end.
    You should do it just to watch the flyby afterward.

    Teams and team captains, rally your teams to coordinate kits or costumes or cheers. Bring a team banner. Perhaps wangle an SO to bring a SAG vehicle with snacks, etc.

    I will be there with some victuals and potables, but I very much welcome contributions to the festivities.

    In past years people have baked brownies and cookies and brought other yummy stuff to share.

    If you can contribute in some way, please volunteer here on this thread. Some ideas:
    Food
    Drink
    Homebrew
    Hobbes
    Tables (or hatchback)
    Music
    Team banners
    Light shows
    Dancers
    Cheerleaders
    Jugglers
    Unicycle riders
    Costumes
    Funny hats

  5. Dislikes ChristoB50 disliked this post
  6. #4
    Judd's Avatar
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    3,584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    You should do it just to watch the flyby afterward.
    That was quite a FSLNHPP ride for me that year: https://www.strava.com/activities/907105854

  7. Likes josh liked this post
  8. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    S. Arlington
    Posts
    329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    That was quite a FSLNHPP ride for me that year: https://www.strava.com/activities/907105854
    Wait… Is that saying you spent 10 hours continually making laps around the point???

  9. Likes Judd, sszibler liked this post
  10. #6
    Judd's Avatar
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    3,584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristoB50 View Post
    Wait Is that saying you spent 10 hours continually making laps around the point???
    Yes. Except for a brief detour to Takorean for lunch. It ended up being a good day. People came and went throughout the day so I got to see lots of people and ride with lots of folks.

    That being said I dont know if Im heading out this year. March 19th is my birthday and Ive spent the last three doing laps. I think Id like to take it easy and grab a beer this year instead.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #7
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pentagon City in Arlington VA
    Posts
    4,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Yes. Except for a brief detour to Takorean for lunch. It ended up being a good day. People came and went throughout the day so I got to see lots of people and ride with lots of folks.

    That being said I don’t know if I’m heading out this year. March 19th is my birthday and I’ve spent the last three doing laps. I think I’d like to take it easy and grab a beer this year instead.
    Bring some down to Hains Point. All your friends will be there.
    Last edited by Steve O; 03-13-2019 at 04:56 PM. Reason: and i'll be there too

  12. Likes secstate, LhasaCM, Boomer2U liked this post
  13. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Columbia Heights, DC
    Posts
    4,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My Achilles surgery is scheduled for lunchtime the day of FSLNHPP. As much as I hate to miss the best part of BAFS, I think it's in the best interests of my long-term health (and biking ability) to sit this one out. I trust Steve O and the rest of you make it another great event. I'll be with you in spirit!

  14. Likes LhasaCM, sszibler liked this post
  15. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Posts
    5,611
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I can't make it to Hains Point on the 19th, but if anyone wants to fly to Germany and join me for a "Liebiches Taubertal" Tour, you've got a couple days to get here. Monday I'll put the bike on the car (gasp ) and drive the 66 miles from Frankfurt to my starting point. I hope to then get a loop that will cover the sections I will miss by starting in Reicholzheim instead of Wertheim. Tuesday I will be riding Der Sportive From Reicholzheim to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, basically stages two through five, 75 miles, to finish out #BAFS2019. On Wednesday I head back via Der Klassiker, 58 miles.

  16. Likes jrenaut, Boomer2U, sszibler liked this post
  17. #10
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pentagon City in Arlington VA
    Posts
    4,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Seems I may be the only person there, based on the activity on this thread.
    Let me know if you plan to come and if you can contribute something to the festivities.


    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    It's just one week away! Yes, the 2019 FSLNHPP is fast approaching.
    It's on a Tuesday, so only the true badasses (like yours truly) will last till the end.
    You should do it just to watch the flyby afterward.

    Teams and team captains, rally your teams to coordinate kits or costumes or cheers. Bring a team banner. Perhaps wangle an SO to bring a SAG vehicle with snacks, etc.

    I will be there with some victuals and potables, but I very much welcome contributions to the festivities.

    In past years people have baked brownies and cookies and brought other yummy stuff to share.

    If you can contribute in some way, please volunteer here on this thread. Some ideas:
    Food
    Drink
    Homebrew
    Hobbes
    Tables (or hatchback)
    Music
    Team banners
    Light shows
    Dancers
    Cheerleaders
    Jugglers
    Unicycle riders
    Costumes
    Funny hats

  18. Likes jrenaut, sszibler liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •