Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: March 2019 - Road and Trail Conditions

Post Thanks / Like

FYI. At the construction site near the Memorial Bridge on the MVT, they placed jersey barriers that effectively create blind corners.

They were also placing 4 inch high speed bumps after such blind corners this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by semperiden View Post
    FYI. At the construction site near the Memorial Bridge on the MVT, they placed jersey barriers that effectively create blind corners.

They were also placing 4 inch high speed bumps after such blind corners this morning.
    Yup, I went down on that f'ing speed bump.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NickBull View Post
    Ugh. Sorry to hear. I figured it wouldn't take long before it would cause people to fall. My skinny tires did not approve even though I almost came to a complete stop before it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NickBull View Post
    Hmm... Sounds like a good day to go north on the DC side and cross the TR Bridge.

Maybe they wouldn't need such an apparatus if the fence did not come up the the very edge of the trail creating a blind entry point from the work area enclosure.
    Last edited by bentbike33; 03-26-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

As of about 7:30am today there were no speed bumps. The barriers were still there and a sign warning of bumps, but no bumps. Are they only in during the day or when they are doing something in particular, I wonder? Did they take them down after a few falls occurred? Curious to know.

6. Likes smb9600 liked this post
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0604.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	19877 Did those speed bumps look something like this? It's protecting an electrical cable conduit and for the past couple months the sides of the trail were fenced in. Notice how now riders just go around it and ride over the conduit in the grass. This is next to the BMW/Mini dealer in Nieder-Eschbach and across from where a new Tankstelle is being built.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    As of about 7:30am today there were no speed bumps. The barriers were still there and a sign warning of bumps, but no bumps. Are they only in during the day or when they are doing something in particular, I wonder? Did they take them down after a few falls occurred? Curious to know.
    Bumps were gone during the day today. It looks to me as if the barriers are to keep workers off the trail.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    Did those speed bumps look something like this? It's protecting an electrical cable conduit and for the past couple months the sides of the trail were fenced in. Notice how now riders just go around it and ride over the conduit in the grass. This is next to the BMW/Mini dealer in Nieder-Eschbach and across from where a new Tankstelle is being built.
    Kinda as narrow, but a bit higher and with a sharper tip. I saw them when they placed it quickly and as far as I know, there was no cable underneath.

But yeah, it looks like it has been gone for the past couple mornings. I hope they realized how dangerous its placement was.

Post Thanks / Like

If they need to run electrical cable or a water line across the trail, they should take some lessons from the sewer pipe re-lining project along 4MRT and either elevate the cable/hose over the trail on scaffolding, or build the same kind of bridge ramps used for the bigger pipes.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it the other afternoon, it was in fact covering a cable. For a generator. That was parked next to the trail, but on the other side of the trail. Why they couldn't place it closer or maybe in that huge fenced off lot they created, I don't know. But it's been a couple commutes and I haven't seen it lately. Hopefully they learned their lesson on just moving the generator (it was on a trailer!) closer to where they needed it.