Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: March 2019 - Road and Trail Conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Default March 2019 - Road and Trail Conditions

Welcome to March!

Custis was slushy and wet, even on the overpasses, like Spout Run - all very passable.
    MVT from Roosevelt Island to LBJ Grove was wet, expect for Trollheim, which was covered in snow. Very passible snow (I preferred it to wet since there was more traction).
    Bridge over the channel in LBJ Grove was snow covered, but passable.
    Most roads seemed wet, with bits of slush at edges.
    It was a much faster ride than I feared (only a couple of minutes slower than average, but within the range of typical - like a day when I have to stop at all lights).

Post Thanks / Like

W&OD from Vienna to the Custis was fine, a lot of areas had a light layer of snow that made for some slow going. The pedestrian bridge over route 7 was a little dicey. My commute from Vienna to Le'Enfant Plaza via W&OD, Custis, to MVT was about 2-3 mph slower than normal.

3. Likes SarahBee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

MBT between Franklin and M was mostly clear; there were occasional icy "strips" along various cracks in the pavement, and a small slushy patch just north of the NY Ave. bridge, but nothing too different from when it just rains.

Post Thanks / Like

RCPT 'temporary' crowd control barriers at Kennedy Center were laying in the path today, effectively blocking the half nearest the river. Hopefully they got picked up at some point!

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

The RCP trail in front of KenCen has been detoured up to Rock Creek Parkway, with concrete barriers separating the trail from traffic, similar to the Custis detour from a while back...no more Covered Walkway From Hell!

7. Likes ursus, bentbike33 liked this post
    DismalScientist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Have fun with the frozen puddle on the curve of the WOD at Carlin Spring tomorrow morning.

9. Likes Hancockbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    The RCP trail in front of KenCen has been detoured up to Rock Creek Parkway, with concrete barriers separating the trail from traffic, similar to the Custis detour from a while back...no more Covered Walkway From Hell!
    Went up that way on the evening commute yesterday and found the temporary cycletrack to be awesome. It should be made permanent and extended in both directions.

11. Likes dasgeh, consularrider liked this post
    Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course the day after I take the studs off the Pugsley we get snow (flurries, more at Großer Feldberg).

Post Thanks / Like

Tuesday night I noticed that the PBL north on Quincy at Wilson was now painted green where the right turn lane comes in. I was very happy to see that. I think the cars would see that better.

I would love to see the green paint on the next block where the cars all park to run into the ABC store and Subway.

14. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    I would love to see the green paint on the next block where the cars all park to run into the ABC store and Subway.
    I would recommend an email to des-teo@arlingtonva.us