Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Don't patronize Firehook on Connecticut NW

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't patronize Firehook on Connecticut NW

Boomer alluded to this in his post: http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...599#post187599

So I've been doing group rides for several years now where we end up at Firehook on Connecticut. They have a nice, big back patio that's enclosed and we've always been able to bring our bikes into the patio. We always park them so as not to take up table space that we ourselves aren't using. Yesterday, we were the ONLY people on the patio. Yes, our bikes were sort of parked everywhere. But did I mention that we were the ONLY people on the patio? Anyway, a guy (manager? owner?) comes out and rudely tells us we can't bring our bikes into the patio because they take up space for other customers. Did I mention that we were the ONLY people on the patio? He said we need to leave them outside the gate. So I don't expect him to know that we're a bunch of roadies riding expensive bikes that we're not going to leave out of our sight on the other side of the fence/gate. But even if we were willing/able to do that, the outside of the fence/gate is basically an alleyway with parking and no place to lock bikes up. I asked him if this was a new policy because I'd been coming to Firehook for years and never once been told that we couldn't bring bikes into the patio. Nor have any customers ever complained directly to us about having to share the patio with guys clad in lycra walking around in funny shoes. And he tells me that's always been the policy. At that point, I really just want to say WTF? And apparently, he was pretty rude to a lot of customers (so not just us).

I sent a message to Firehook via their website, but don't expect to hear anything back from them.

But needless to say, we're not going back to Firehook. I'm sure they won't miss us, but f*ck them. We'll go to Politics & Prose instead (they don't have a back patio but it's easy to park the bikes and be able to keep an eye on them.

2. Likes kwarkentien, lossomes liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And I no sooner post then I receive this email from Firehook:

Hello,

Thank you for your years of loyalty. As a local family owned business, we depend on the loyalty of our customers.

I am very sorry that you were told to take your bikes out of the patio when the patio was not being used by anyone else. I am sure you would not have brought the bikes in if it had prevented other customers from using the patio. I will talk to our Store team.

Please accept my sincere apology and I hope you will give Firehook another chance. Let me know what we can do to make this up to you.

Sincerely,
    Pierre

Pierre Abushacra
    president

So I'm now inclined to give them another chance.

4. Likes awitt, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like they are dealing with the issue fairly nicely.

6. Likes Steve O, awitt, kwarkentien liked this post