Likes Likes:  39
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Winter Bike to Work Day Happy Hour Friday 2/8

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Winter Bike to Work Day Happy Hour Friday 2/8

The Friends of the Mount Vernon Trail and Bike Arlington are partnering to host a happy hour on Friday 2/8 in honor of Winter Bike to Work Day.

Join us at Highline RxR in Crystal City (2010 Crystal Drive) from 5:30 to 7:30 for some drinks, food and friendship. Itís located just off the beautiful Mount Vernon Trail via the Crystal City Connector.

This is a great opportunity for you to hang out with your Freezing Saddles team.

The Forumís own Emm will be there to answer all of your questions about the Friends of the Mount Vernon Trail. Iíll be there at about 6:30 (dang you late day conference calls)

Hope to see you all there.

Post Thanks / Like

In addition to being Winter Bike to Work Day, tomorrow will be my 1,000th day in a row of riding a bike, a feat inspired both by Cal Ripken Jr and Chris Watson.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    In addition to being Winter Bike to Work Day, tomorrow will be my 1,000th day in a row of riding a bike, a feat inspired both by Cal Ripken Jr and Chris Watson.
    Nice one, Judd! Happy Milestone Day! Impressive you've not missed one day in nearly 3 years...!

4. Likes LhasaCM, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christob50 View Post
    Nice one, Judd! Happy Milestone Day! Impressive you've not missed one day in nearly 3 years...!
    I would both recommend it and not recommend it.

I think Chris W is somewhere past 4 years. LhasaCM also has a streak that I think is well past a year. Not sure if Casey is still on her streak.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Chris W is somewhere past 4 years. LhasaCM also has a streak that I think is well past a year. Not sure if Casey is still on her streak.
    I agree with the "both recommend and not recommend" sentiment; tomorrow will be day 770 for me - (started 12/31/2016 - thanks Freezing Saddles!) Sadly, my longest #kidical streak is only 33 days.
    Last edited by LhasaCM; 02-07-2019 at 06:22 PM. Reason: added #kidical streak info

7. Likes Judd, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately (or fortunately, I am not quite sure yet), my streak ended at day 976 due to failure on my part to pay attention to the clock when hosting a pre-baby party for some friends back during the summer. Whoops.

I was actually really upset about it for two days, then I realized that no one except me cared about it and that I did not lose anything by letting it go. So now, I ride my bike because I want to (or need to in order to get to work), but if there is a day that it is raining and gross outside, I do not HAVE to go out and ride. It is pretty nice.

9. Likes Judd, josh, LhasaCM, Steve O, Hancockbs, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was actually hoping it would be winter for WBTWD. But it's more of this, is it?

I intentionally skip days so I don't get a big streak going. Takes the pressure off. 38 out of 39 days for FS is good enough for the likes of me, and Team 11 is still in 11th place; all is right with the world (except this nonwinter shit).

11. Likes Judd, LhasaCM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    I was actually hoping it would be winter for WBTWD. But it's more of this, is it?

I intentionally skip days so I don't get a big streak going. Takes the pressure off. 38 out of 39 days for FS is good enough for the likes of me, and Team 11 is still in 11th place; all is right with the world (except this nonwinter shit).
    I could've done without the sudden rain shower this morning (which scared the books away temporarily); a nice light snow would've been nicer. Also - to your point - daily participation is the one thing I can bring to the team to keep us in 11th place; I sure as heck can't be counted on for big miles. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it )

13. Likes huskerdont, Judd, Steve O liked this post
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Does riding to your wife's office for lunch count towards Winter Bike to Work Day participation if you are retired?

15. Likes ChristoB50, kwarkentien, LhasaCM, Judd liked this post