Likes Likes:  23
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: February 2019 - Road and Trail Conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any report on condition of trails 2-21 afternoon?

Thanks!!

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

This morning everything -- even the nooks and crannies -- on the eastern Custis - MVT - TR Bridge was completely clear.

Post Thanks / Like

Very odd sighting this morning on the ART. Sorry, I don;t carry my cell phone, so no picture from me. A car t-boned a utility pole, which might not be all that odd, except it occurred in a segregated bike lane here:

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.9054.../data=!3m1!1e3

The car was traveling south east when it hit the pole pretty hard. Somehow it got into the bike lane, either a 1/2 mile or so up the street where there is a crossing, or it jumped the 7" curb. I saw no indication of the latter, so I assume it traveled a ways in the dedicated lane. Even more odd, just beyond the left turn, in the park, there was a large box, approximately 2'x2'x2' that had been dropped in the middle of the train and broke open. It appeared to have old shoes, books, and VHS tapes as I rode by.

Post Thanks / Like

A construction crew closed the cycle track on First St NE between K & L. They put up signs directing people on bikes onto the sidewalk. They were ripping up pavement on the opposite side of the street. So, it was unclear why the cycle track was closed. I wanted to warn folks in case the cycle track is still blocked during the evening commute.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbehrend View Post
    A construction crew closed the cycle track on First St NE between K & L. They put up signs directing people on bikes onto the sidewalk. They were ripping up pavement on the opposite side of the street. So, it was unclear why the cycle track was closed. I wanted to warn folks in case the cycle track is still blocked during the evening commute.
    It looks like they repaved that entire section of street. They removed a portion of the protected bike lane.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st ste ne cycle track 2 27 19.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	19624

Post Thanks / Like

Tonight approaching the Citizens’ Bridge in Falls Church from the east there was a big electronic sign next to the trail that said “WOD TRAIL CLOSED”. Any idea what’s going on?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbehrend View Post
    It looks like they repaved that entire section of street. They removed a portion of the protected bike lane.
    Yep - they removed (but set aside in the planters) the protection this morning, and repaved. (That section of street sorely needed it after the 100K construction.) It would've been nice if they did something even temporary today to separate things, but hopefully they'll reinstall the protection and restripe tomorrow AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    Yep - they removed (but set aside in the planters) the protection this morning, and repaved. (That section of street sorely needed it after the 100K construction.) It would've been nice if they did something even temporary today to separate things, but hopefully they'll reinstall the protection and restripe tomorrow AM.
    Agreed - it was in need of repair. Hopefully they'll do something early tomorrow, especially for the folks that will be heading contraflow when the protected lane and green paint ends.

9. Likes LhasaCM liked this post