Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Publication of my debut novel

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Publication of my debut novel

This is not about bikes, and I'm sorry if it's against forum rules, but I've mentioned my novel-in-progress to several forum members so I wanted to follow up.

Stormbird Press will publish my debut novel, To Follow Elephants, this spring.

In To Follow Elephants, young Owen Dorner searches for his father in an African prison--and for the truth about why he is there. African elephant biologist Wanjeri helps him navigate Kenya's dusty plains and crumbling cities under the shadow of her uncle, the prison's warden, and unveils her own family's secrets, as a young elephant learns the ways of the world from his herdís matriarch. In a moving portrayal of elephant civilization, parallel tales of intrigue and survival unfold, masterfully enriching our understanding of what it means to be human.

To learn more and keep up with news and events, please go to my author site, rickhodgesauthor.com. You can join my email list at the site or by sending a message to rickhodgesauthor@gmail.com.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on getting published. That's super cool.

3. Likes baiskeli liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now write one about bikes.

5. Likes Emm, Steve O, Sunyata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    Now write one about bikes.
    I'll get to work on it. Until then, this is by a favorite author of mine:
    https://www.amazon.com/Rider-Tim-Kra...abbe+the+rider

Post Thanks / Like

This is super cool! Will there be a book release party with book signings?

In other words, I would like a signed copy. Where can I buy a copy (assuming the regular channels, such as B&N and Amazon?) and when/where can I get it signed?

Post Thanks / Like

It's actually about Freezing Saddles isn't it? Because EVERYTHING is about freezing saddles from DEC-MAR. I'm surprised people are even monitoring the General Discussion tab of the forum right now.

No really - Congrats! Sounds awesome! Always looking for new books.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it will be available on Amazon and at bookstores and all that. And yes, there will be events. Best thing to keep up with all that is to send a message to my author email at rickhodgesauthor@gmail.com. I'll make sure to sign your copy one way or the other.

10. Likes Sunyata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creadinger View Post
    It's actually about Freezing Saddles isn't it? Because EVERYTHING is about freezing saddles from DEC-MAR. I'm surprised people are even monitoring the General Discussion tab of the forum right now.

No really - Congrats! Sounds awesome! Always looking for new books.
    If I had thought of it I would have slipped in a Freezing Saddles reference. I'm not above that.

12. Likes creadinger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My book is out now! It's available in paperback and eBook wherever books are sold, including Amazon.

Name:  TFE cover.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  54.2 KB