Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Cygolite Metro Light

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Cygolite Metro Light

    This morning my front light started randomly changing settings and turning off. I now have it charging, and it's randomly turning on. Is there any way to fix it? It hasn't had any recent drops, and (otherwise) works great. Hate to have to toss it! Help!

  2. #2
    Judd's Avatar
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    3,550
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smb9600 View Post
    This morning my front light started randomly changing settings and turning off. I now have it charging, and it's randomly turning on. Is there any way to fix it? It hasn't had any recent drops, and (otherwise) works great. Hate to have to toss it! Help!
    Iíve had this happen with a Bontrager Ion. My internet sleuthing indicated that it was likely water got inside. In my case it was no longer useable.

    I also washed a rear light in the washing machine once. It exhibited similar behavior and I had to toss it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh boo! I guess that makes sense why it happened today... Maybe itíll dry out???


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Likes Judd liked this post
  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Falls Church
    Posts
    223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sounds like the switch is going south in or gotten wet. These are usually soldered to the main board and difficult to fix. If it had gotten wet recently, you may want to remove the battery, leave the compartment open and put it in a closed jar with some uncooked rice overnight. If not, then it would likely be a warranty issue, if it still applies.

  6. Likes Judd liked this post
  7. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    878
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I’ve had this happen with a Bontrager Ion. My internet sleuthing indicated that it was likely water got inside. In my case it was no longer useable.

    I also washed a rear light in the washing machine once. It exhibited similar behavior and I had to toss it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You should've put it in the dryer.

    Yes, I play a flashing rear light engineer in the television.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smb9600 View Post
    Oh boo! I guess that makes sense why it happened today... Maybe it’ll dry out???


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a Cygolite HotRod front light (I think that's what it's called) and water got in probably 6 months ago, and there was visible moisture. That dried out, but it still doesn't reliably function, so don't get your hopes up.

  9. Likes smb9600 liked this post
  10. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Boo! And thanks all! I guess itís time to upgrade... maybe Iíll buy one with a video recorder???


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. Likes Judd liked this post
  12. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    2,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You could also contact Cygolite. I've had excellent experience with their customer service and repair service.

  13. Likes smb9600 liked this post
  14. #9
    Judd's Avatar
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    3,550
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smb9600 View Post
    Boo! And thanks all! I guess itís time to upgrade... maybe Iíll buy one with a video recorder???


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Emm and I are both running Fly12 cameras that also have a light. I rarely use the light part of it but it did bail me out once or twice when my main light died.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #10
    Judd's Avatar
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    3,550
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smb9600 View Post
    Boo! And thanks all! I guess itís time to upgrade... maybe Iíll buy one with a video recorder???


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lights and motion also has a new Rando 500 light that has twice the run time as their normal lights.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. Likes Sunyata liked this post

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •