Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Team 20 - Misfit Toys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KWL View Post
    Nah. Don't bother. It's too cold out there. Take it easy for a couple weeks before riding again.

Ken of Team 11
    Aww, thanks Ken

(too late)

Post Thanks / Like

Woo! Happy to be a part of a team! Let's go misfits!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erikaceae View Post
    Woo! Happy to be a part of a team! Let's go misfits!
    agreed! sure we're in 20th place, but it's handy to just hit CTRL + END to find ourselves here: https://freezingsaddles.org/leaderboard/team_text

we do have 75% of the time/days still remaining, so there's plenty more to go.

i just bought some Pogies for my commuter bike, gonna sneak in a ride before the hockey game tonight, my normal winter gloves weren't enough on yesterday, my fingers were quite cold.

Post Thanks / Like

anyone up for a team 20 group ride?

we seem to be a VA / DC based team: http://dcbikemap.com/heat/

i'm flexible on location, would prefer gravel or path vs. true road (i ride road when i need to, but I'd rather avoid txt'ing-drivers on pleasure rides)

Post Thanks / Like

I’m gonna try to make the dumpling ride on 2/2 if anyone’s up for it:

http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...046#post186046

-Fernando

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay now that we are all onboard, we can do some introductions here (prior to doing a ride or happy hour together)

My name in the "real world" is Ken. I live in the forgotten corner of Alexandria up west of Fairlington (IE West Alex, but NOT "the West End") I have been riding pretty regularly for the last seven years, started to bike commute on BTWD 2013 (and came on here to ask a zillion questions), moved back to Alex from FFX in 2014, began to attend coffee club and bike commute more frequently then. I currently bike commute to work roughly 3 to 4 days a week, like to ride for errands, and enjoy "social paced" recreational rides. I am also involved in bike ped advocacy (as part of Alexandria BPAC)

I am as noted, your captain. I am all in favor of democracy by leader laziness, so invite everyone on the team to make suggestions, organize things, and do whatever else you are moved to do (as well as ride a lot of course)

Look forward to seeing y'all.

7. Likes secstate, KWL, SpaceRider, Stevenroy, Nadine liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hakalugi View Post
    I’m gonna try to make the dumpling ride on 2/2 if anyone’s up for it:

http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...046#post186046

-Fernando
    I think I will have another commitment Saturday morning, but I heartily recommend this ride - Komorebi leads great rides, and dumplings are great on a cold day.

9. Likes Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ken and all Misfits,
    I’m Alison (aka SpaceRider). I’m a solo new rider. I’ve been riding a tandem with my husband and fellow Misfit Toy member Tom (aka TLM) for a couple years. I bought an All City Space Horse from Conte’s Black Friday weekend. I love it but am still getting use to solo riding. Shifting and getting on and off are new skills in progress, but am enjoying the process and the community. I try to go on the Conte’s Alexandria ride every Saturday and am up for other fun rides — especially ones that involve a food or beverage destination. Looking forward to meeting the other Misfits.