Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: For those of you on the wait list

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Penrose in Arlington, VA
    Posts
    582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default For those of you on the wait list

    I am waiting to hear back from a few team captains about filling out their rosters. Once every team has 10 legit riders signed up, I'll be able to determine if I can form another "Misfit Toys" team. And that will be your team name because I have deemed it to be so. I already have a volunteer to be the team captain and enough people on the wait list to form a team, so it's just a matter of getting all the existing teams squared away. Will hopefully get that done today or tomorrow. Be patient. Stick with me.

    This is who I have on the wait list:

    UPDATED now that the Misfit Toys team has been created. But that doesn't mean that just because you're on the wait list you won't be on a Freezing Saddles team. The folks assigned to Misfit Toys still have to do what everyone else had to do to be on a team. If anyone doesn't (or decides they don't want to play), then I'll replace them with someone on the wait list. And there's always a possibility that someone on one of the other teams has to drop out for one reason or another. So there's still hope! But even if you don't end up on a Freezing Saddles team, please play Reindeer Games and otherwise partake in all the fun and silliness that is Freezing Saddles!

    UPDATED And another rider off the wait list!

    Amcebbers
    jwetzel
    NCCAT
    Stevenroy
    Last edited by chuxtr; 01-21-2019 at 08:40 AM.

  2. Likes Boomer2U, wheels&wings, Stevenroy liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Falls Church VA
    Posts
    886
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hope springs eternal....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Crystal City Arlington, VA
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    I am waiting to hear back from a few team captains about filling out their rosters. Once every team has 10 legit riders signed up, I'll be able to determine if I can form another "Misfit Toys" team. And that will be your team name because I have deemed it to be so. I already have a volunteer to be the team captain and enough people on the wait list to form a team, so it's just a matter of getting all the existing teams squared away. Will hopefully get that done today or tomorrow. Be patient. Stick with me.

    This is who I have on the wait list:

    Amcebbers
    bbaker89
    BoomerCycles
    butterflyinvasion
    C.Cather
    claudia
    ericoperageek
    Erikaceae
    hakalugi
    Jim B
    jwetzel
    lordofthemark
    NCCAT
    SpaceRider
    Stevenroy
    tlm
    Thanks for the update Chuck!

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Penrose in Arlington, VA
    Posts
    582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Updated to reflect Team 20 Misfit Toys

  6. Likes Nadine liked this post
  7. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Penrose in Arlington, VA
    Posts
    582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Moved another rider off the wait list to replace a rider.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arlington, East Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hello, Chuck, I'm talking now to a Team 16 teammate who, for one reason or another, hasn't ridden for two weeks, trying to find out why. Depending on what I learn and what the rider wants, is it too late to give someone else a chance on our team? I should hear back within 48 hours.

    Thanks, Dave

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Penrose in Arlington, VA
    Posts
    582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Friendly Guy View Post
    Hello, Chuck, I'm talking now to a Team 16 teammate who, for one reason or another, hasn't ridden for two weeks, trying to find out why. Depending on what I learn and what the rider wants, is it too late to give someone else a chance on our team? I should hear back within 48 hours.
    Sent you an email.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    S. Arlington
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Now that January is over (well, I car-commuted today, so my biking is done for the month)... I can see that perhaps I was right to hesitate to sign up for FS and the FS Wait List; worried as I was that I wouldn't be able to contribute sufficiently to a team.
    Turns out my January riding plunged, between a flu-bug at the start, the big snow and its lingering aftermath, and just the cold in general. I only managed 10 biking days in the month, for 158 miles --- vs. Dec. which had 21 biking days and 492 miles.
    But this is my first-ever winter biking, so it will hopefully be educating me (such as for new winter gear considerations) and should give me a better feeling of what my winter biking reality would be, for FS2020!

  11. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
  12. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dominion Hills in Arlington VA
    Posts
    4,446
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christob50 View Post
    Now that January is over (well, I car-commuted today, so my biking is done for the month)... I can see that perhaps I was right to hesitate to sign up for FS and the FS Wait List; worried as I was that I wouldn't be able to contribute sufficiently to a team.
    Turns out my January riding plunged, between a flu-bug at the start, the big snow and its lingering aftermath, and just the cold in general. I only managed 10 biking days in the month, for 158 miles --- vs. Dec. which had 21 biking days and 492 miles.
    But this is my first-ever winter biking, so it will hopefully be educating me (such as for new winter gear considerations) and should give me a better feeling of what my winter biking reality would be, for FS2020!
    258 points is a fine contribution. Excellent, in fact, for someone who has not winter biked before.

  13. #10
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    alexandria
    Posts
    727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Agree with Steve O here. Kudos to you . Winter biking is hard and you've done a lot already!

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  14. Likes wheels&wings, Christob50, Edelweiss liked this post

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •