Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team 11 thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Team 11 thread.

This is the official thread for the Team 11, or, as I have provisionally named it:
    Team Eleventy-First

I'm team captain Andy. Looking forward to meeting everyone at the happy hour!

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliasXIII View Post
    This is the official thread for the Team 11, or, as I have provisionally named it:
    Team Eleventy-First

I'm team captain Andy. Looking forward to meeting everyone at the happy hour!
    Eleventy-first is 111.

Post Thanks / Like

I could not find a Team Eleventy-First on Strava, but I found a BAFS2019 Team 11 and duly joined. Honored to be in such prestigious company. Ride well. - Huskerdont/Doug E

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnoftheDread View Post
    Eleventy-first is 111.
    I figured we already had two 1's, why not give ourselves a third? And "eleventy" is a really fun word to say! But it's a provisional name, if people have other ideas. (Maybe not related to any classic mockumentaries, though?)

As some people have cleverly found, the Strava team is at https://www.strava.com/clubs/eleventyfirst

It's open for now, once everyone joins I'll close it, and boot any interlopers we manage to pick up.

Also, whereabouts to folks live? I'd like to try to plans some get-togethers.

5. Likes ShawnoftheDread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Team 11

Hi Andy,
    It was good meeting you last night. Where was our team??

Post Thanks / Like

It goes all the way up to Eleventy-First!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliasXIII View Post
    Also, whereabouts to folks live? I'd like to try to plans some get-togethers.
    We live in DC - just south of Catholic and close to the MBT. That being said - weekday get-togethers are challenging for me because of school pickup responsibilities, so please don't try to plan around me (I'll try to make whatever gets scheduled whereever, but it's a lot easier for me to try to work around what fits for other folks than to try to drive the schedule/location.)

Quote Originally Posted by tblgirl View Post
    Hi Andy,
    It was good meeting you last night. Where was our team??
    I was home with an under the weather 7yo (who also needs to get a better winter coat since she ripped the lining on this one). Sorry I missed meeting/seeing folks!

Post Thanks / Like

Andy - I live in Alexandria. I'm no longer commuting daily as I retired this year. I try to get to the Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday coffee clubs, but some mornings it is just impossible to convince me I should get up that early. I rarely cross the Potomac but Freezing Saddles is all about pushing us to ride in the winter and go places we would not normal go, so schedule away and I'll try to be there. I've ridden every day for a couple of FS so the team should be able to count on me for a minimum of 11 points each day.

Ken L.

10. Likes LhasaCM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I'm Bob Cochran. I'm deaf (meaning I can't hear), furloughed, and live in Greenbelt. I'll join the Strava club in a few minutes.

I want to immediately confess that during the recent 2 days of high winds, I dared not bicycle. I hope to end this dreadful failure tomorrow morning -- for at least a few miles.

Thanks

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

How about this for a team image?

13. Likes ShawnoftheDread liked this post