Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Following up from the FS2019 opening HH

Post Thanks / Like

Default Following up from the FS2019 opening HH

Hi all we had close to 100 participants last night. Thanks to all who braved the cold and wind to be part of the celebration. And thanks to the many people working behind the scenes to register the participants, set up the teams, make the nametags, design the ankle bands, configure the website, MC the festivities, set up and clean up the venue, sponsor the prizes, and so on.

I hope that most people got something to eat, but I know that some left hungry. I absolutely did not plan that the mini chocolates Id put on the tables should become your whole dinner. I tried to get us more food when the second batch ran out. The substitute manager said we had already burned through our cash. Then, as we were getting ready to leave, she came over and apologized, explaining that she had a miscommunication with the Bier Baron staff and that actually we had $260 left over! Erg. I now have the cash, which will go toward extra food at the closing celebration.

The date for the closing happy hour and pointless prize ceremony is Wednesday, March 27. Please mark your calendars.

Post Thanks / Like

Cynthia - Thank you very much for all the hard work to make the opening HH happen last night ... even though you're playing FS this year. I know I had lots of fun and hope everyone else did too. Already looking forward to the closing HH in March.

3. Likes wheels&wings, Edelweiss liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wheels&wings View Post
    Hi all we had close to 100 participants last night. Thanks to all who braved the cold and wind to be part of the celebration. And thanks to the many people working behind the scenes to register the participants, set up the teams, make the nametags, design the ankle bands, configure the website, MC the festivities, set up and clean up the venue, sponsor the prizes, and so on.

I hope that most people got something to eat, but I know that some left hungry. I absolutely did not plan that the mini chocolates Id put on the tables should become your whole dinner. I tried to get us more food when the second batch ran out. The substitute manager said we had already burned through our cash. Then, as we were getting ready to leave, she came over and apologized, explaining that she had a miscommunication with the Bier Baron staff and that actually we had $260 left over! Erg. I now have the cash, which will go toward extra food at the closing celebration.

The date for the closing happy hour and pointless prize ceremony is Wednesday, March 27. Please mark your calendars.
    Maybe we should order pizzas next time. $1000 ought to buy a lotta lotta food. More than I saw last night, even with the $260 left over.

Post Thanks / Like

Precise numbers:
    Last night's event took in $963.
    Refund was $260.
    So the amount we paid for food was 703.
    If you would like to find us a new/improved venue, go for it Steve O.
    Thanks,
    w&w