Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT!!! - Everyone playing (or wanting to play ) Freezing Saddles PLEASE READ!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbelt View Post
    That's the thing though. I've signed up for the Team 6 strava club, and Team 6 is up on the FS board. Can't figure out why I'm not on the board... Maybe I signed up for the wrong team or something...
    Okay, that's just weird! I can see that you're on the team's Strava club. I can see that other members of the team's Strava club are on the leaderboard. And I can see that you are in Friends of BAFS, which means you successfully authorized Freezing Saddles to read your Strava miles. You might want to send a message to obscurerichard to ask what is going on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    Okay, that's just weird! I can see that you're on the team's Strava club. I can see that other members of the team's Strava club are on the leaderboard. And I can see that you are in Friends of BAFS, which means you successfully authorized Freezing Saddles to read your Strava miles. You might want to send a message to obscurerichard to ask what is going on.
    Shot in the dark guess from me: Greenbelt and Rod, did you catch this year's security authorization change to read private info from your Strava profile? (Click the 2nd option and resubmit to be sure) https://freezingsaddles.org/authorize
    Grandfathered-in authorization from previous years won't work anymore in the BAFS website, but probably look the same on the Strava groups.
    Last edited by LeprosyStudyGroup; 01-11-2019 at 07:03 PM.

3. Likes Rod Smith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm certainly on a team, none of my settings are private, my team shows up on the leaderboards, I'm on the Friends of BAFS now, and I verified that Strava allows access to BAFS.

I'm also not overly concerned since I assume that this will get straightened out eventually.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlanA View Post
    I'm certainly on a team, none of my settings are private, my team shows up on the leaderboards, I'm on the Friends of BAFS now, and I verified that Strava allows access to BAFS.

I'm also not overly concerned since I assume that this will get straightened out eventually.
    Alan, you're on the list of "needs to reauthorize", so you should try that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    Thanks! That did the trick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    How would someone get onto the Friends of BAFS if they need to reauthorize?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    How would someone get onto the Friends of BAFS if they need to reauthorize?
    That is a good question. But revoking the authorization and then doing it again worked. That's why I don't get involved in the tech part of this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeprosyStudyGroup View Post
    Shot in the dark guess from me: Greenbelt and Rod, did you catch this year's security authorization change to read private info from your Strava profile? (Click the 2nd option and resubmit to be sure) https://freezingsaddles.org/authorize
    Grandfathered-in authorization from previous years won't work anymore in the BAFS website, but probably look the same on the Strava groups.
    Yes, I think that was the problem. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not entirely sure why this is happening, but I think that Strava changed the way the authorization process worked - stuff on the backend that most users would never see, but that people trying to tap into their API would have to deal with. When in doubt, re-authorize.

11. Likes Rod Smith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got it, thanks. I was authorized and showing up earlier this week so it's odd that I had to reauthorize. I authorized access to private rides this time, although none of my rides are private but that solved the problem.