Likes Likes:  512
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  1
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Pointless Prize: KOT and QOT

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

If you happened to be up late last night and saw the standings update, there was an error that impacted the KOT scores. I've updated the scores in the post above.

2. Likes Christob50 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my best rides after moving back to DC was bobco giving me a personal tour of the Potomac Yard Trail and Arlington Loop. It did a lot to increase my confidence in cycling the other side of the river and probably saved me some close calls at the IOD. So, it was a treat to do the same for a friend last night, showing him the way from Ballston to Mt. Pleasant via the Custis and Rock Creek trails. We hit up neighborhood bars (Marx Cafe and Raven Grille) before and after his meeting.

He's Belgian and has rather strong views on food & drink, so I was delighted when he declared Port City's Optimal Wit to be a very good Belgian-style wheat beer (a style he noted isn't so popular in Belgium anymore).

Here he is starting his journey back to Virginia at the end of the night:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by secstate; 01-24-2019 at 09:59 AM.

4. Likes LhasaCM, streetsmarts, Steve O, Judd, scoot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My good deed for the day: reporting the tree that is down on the CCT. Usually, this would be simple--just call the National Park Service. Today, not so much. None of the numbers at the National Park Service are answering. DC311 wanted an exact street address, and was mystified by the idea of a place without a street address. DCDOT was also a bit mystified, but says they will call around and see what they can do.

I've also reported it on the WABA Women and Bicycles and Capital Crescent Users Group Facebook pages. And I reported it using See-Click-Fix.

Last edited by cvcalhoun; 01-24-2019 at 02:57 PM.

6. Likes Judd, LhasaCM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pointless Prize: KOT and QOT

Quote Originally Posted by secstate View Post
    One of my best rides after moving back to DC was bobco giving me a personal tour of the Potomac Yard Trail and Arlington Loop. It did a lot to increase my confidence in cycling the other side of the river and probably saved me some close calls at the IOD. So, it was a treat to do the same for a friend last night, showing him the way from Ballston to Mt. Pleasant via the Custis and Rock Creek trails. We hit up neighborhood bars (Marx Cafe and Raven Grille) before and after his meeting.

He's Belgian and has rather strong views on food & drink, so I was delighted when he declared Port City's Optimal Wit to be a very good Belgian-style wheat beer (a style he noted isn't so popular in Belgium anymore).

Here he is starting his journey back to Virginia at the end of the night:
    Sam scores the first points in the category for showing someone a new trail. This is my favorite category because Iím in debt to those who have shown me new trails and routes.

5 points for the Custis and 5 points for the Rock Creek Trail. One bonus point because it looks like your friend is kicking a car. 11 points!

8. Likes secstate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    My good deed for the day: reporting the tree that is down on the CCT. Usually, this would be simple--just call the National Park Service. Today, not so much. None of the numbers at the National Park Service are answering. DC311 wanted an exact street address, and was mystified by the idea of a place without a street address. DCDOT was also a bit mystified, but says they will call around and see what they can do.

I've also reported it on the WABA Women and Bicycles and Capital Crescent Users Group Facebook pages. And I reported it using See-Click-Fix.

Carol scores one point for reporting a trail problem to NPS and 1 point for reporting it to DDOT and 1 point for reporting it to Facebook and 1 point for reporting it to the forum. 4 points!

Since it appears this might not get removed by a government agency, there are some major KOT and QOT points on the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Carol scores one point for reporting a trail problem to NPS and 1 point for reporting it to DDOT and 1 point for reporting it to Facebook and 1 point for reporting it to the forum. 4 points!

Since it appears this might not get removed by a government agency, there are some major KOT and QOT points on the table.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/rQtaIYMdv8ACI/giphy.mp4

11. Likes Christob50, LhasaCM, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From the dockless thread: http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...449#post186449

Chris B gets two points for lumberjacking a trash can that was blocking a sidewalk. An additional point has been awarded for defeating Emm's trashcan NIMBYism. 3 points!

13. Likes LhasaCM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris M is still in the lead for King of the Trail with 49 points, but Chris B is right behind him with 45 points. Turn that raging competitiveness into some good stuff for trails.

Post Thanks / Like

I officially reported the sliding pipe on 4mrt...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

16. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    I officially reported the sliding pipe on 4mrt...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Erin gets 1 point for reporting an issue. One additional point has been awarded for practicing cyclocross to get around this. 2 points!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Likes LhasaCM, Emm liked this post