Likes Likes:  713
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  1
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Pointless Prize: KOT and QOT

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christob50 View Post
    I made it to the farmers market on Sunday for the first time, before joining Komorebiís Duck ride... picked up some fantastic apples and mandarins (both were varieties Iíd never heard of before) and some nice cheddar.
    Thanks again for being the nudge to get me down there in the first place with the Clean Up Day announcement!
    Eagerly awaiting the updated standings!
    Standings should be updated late tonight. With the bonus points you earned I think thereís a possibility that you might take first place for KOT.

2. Likes CBGanimal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pointless Prize: KOT and QOT

EASY POINTS OPPORTUNITY ALERT!!!!

I am heading to the Four Mike Run Farmers Market on Sunday to drink coffee and eat some goodies. Itís a great market with a variety of vendors and also has compost drop off. The market is run by the Four Mile Run Conservatory which works to restore the lower Four Mile Run. Market info is here: https://www.4mrmarket.org/?m=1

Iím offering two points to anyone that visits the market this Sunday and posts a picture of something yummy they bought.

The market also has yoga every Sunday at 9 a.m. Itís free with a suggested donation of 10 bucks. The yoga is held indoors.

I am offering 5 points for anyone that signs up for yoga this Sunday. Sign up for yoga at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/morning...31838?ref=eios

Iím planning on being there for yoga and having coffee and goodies afterwards. Hope to see you there for one or both.

4. Likes CBGanimal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I made it to the farmers market on Sunday for the first time, before joining Komorebiís Duck ride... picked up some fantastic apples and mandarins (both were varieties Iíd never heard of before) and some nice cheddar.
    Thanks again for being the nudge to get me down there in the first place with the Clean Up Day announcement!
    Eagerly awaiting the updated standings!
    Chris B gets two points for supporting the Four Mile Run Conservatory by visiting their farmer's market and inspiring me to offer some bonus points for going next Sunday. Two points!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you to everyone who came out to the Valentines edition of the Four Mile Run cleanup. The event removed 1,089 pounds of litter all together, including four traffic cones, a shopping cart, and a heavy waterlogged rug. It was a remarkable show of Valentine's week love for lower Four Mile Run.

Some of the most interesting things that were found:
    A pair of pants
    A pair of underwear
    The rear wheel of a bicycle
    Multiple car parts (we joked that we were going to assemble a car out of all the parts we found)
    Several more pieces of pipe

There were a lot of people there overall and some folks arrived after I got started so if I missed you when assigning points, please holler at me.

Chris W gets 5 points for attending a trail event. One additional bonus point has been awarded for managing to find me after starting a bit later. 6 points!
    Casey gets 5 points for attending a trail event. One bonus point because he's not even competing but is still high on the leaderboard. 6 points!
    Chris B gets 5 points for attending an event. An additional 5 points are awarded for: buying me beer afterwards, inviting the President of Four Mile Run Conservatory out for some good networking time afterwards and for explaining why the National Cathedral is crooked. 10 points!

7. Likes ChristoB50 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The standings have been updated.

We've got a near tie in the KOT division with Chris M and Chris B separated by one point. Steve O remains in last place with -999,968 points.

Participant King
    Chris B 57
    Chris M 56
    Casey 43
    Ricky 31
    Ken L 30
    Sam 29
    Leo 22
    Mr Happy 21
    Jeff L 15
    Dana 15
    Coppertop 15
    Collier 15
    Bob 15
    Andy 12
    HF 7
    Adam 7
    Boomer 3
    Steve O -999968

The Queen of the Trail standings have a new leader with Chris W passing Josephine in the standings.

Participant Queen
    Chris W 77
    Josephine 71
    Sarah Bee 20
    Robyne 18
    Erin 17
    Millie 15
    Jo 15
    Kate 12
    Samantha 10
    Jessica 6
    Carol 4
    Neve 1

9. Likes wheels&wings, LhasaCM, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm claiming points for attending Sunday's Friends of the Mount Vernon Trail meeting. Strava proof of attendance: https://www.strava.com/activities/2137050339. Do I get bonus points for being smart enough not to sign up for additional email distribution lists?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    I'm claiming points for attending Sunday's Friends of the Mount Vernon Trail meeting. Strava proof of attendance: https://www.strava.com/activities/2137050339. Do I get bonus points for being smart enough not to sign up for additional email distribution lists?
    All right. Josephine is getting fired up now. Four points are awarded for attending a trail advocacy related meeting. An additional two points have been added for the excellent planning you have done for the Mount Vernon Trail Scavenger Hunt that will occur in April. 6 points!

QOT is tied up again!

Sarah Bee - There's still time to get back in the game.

12. Likes CBGanimal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well then, since there seems to be precedent for claiming overlooked efforts, I submit the following claim for points.

Attendance at two well-run and led FotMVT meetings. One added feature at FotMTV meetings is the food and beer available at every meeting.
    • January 12
    • February 10

Responding to a tree down on the Mount Vernon Trail on January 10. I enlisted the assistance of another cyclist to help clear the trail. While we were unable to move the tree, we did clear a pathway to make it safer for trail users. In addition, I rode down Union Street to obtain safety tape from a contractor to alert users of the hazard.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A46BE67F-20DD-4798-9D18-209A798C4E1C.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	19400

14. Likes CBGanimal, Steve O, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    ... and for explaining why the National Cathedral is crooked. 10 points!
    Just to clarify, that means “why the cathedral’s floor plan is crooked”

16. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to clarify, that means ďwhy the cathedralís floor plan is crookedĒ
    Ha! Yes, the floor plan and physical structure is crooked, not the institution or the people involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk