Likes Likes:  148
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2019 - Road and Trail Conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Reported it. Had to get the app reloaded on the new phone and then figure out what the heck my password was.
    Today, The large sheet of Plexiglass had been removed from the bike lane, but there are fairly large shards of the stuff spread starting close to the S. Glebe/Potomac Ave intersection and extending for about 100 meters. They need a street sweeper to make a pass to get it all. I'll see if I can submit a report as well and with photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Likes Judd liked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by semperiden View Post
    I got a response from Mr. Wahdan that he contacted the contractor and that they said they will pick up the dumpster tomorrow. Also on an update to the sewer line:

Monday we are scheduled to start relining the sewer pipe in that location which is a continuous 4 to 5 day process ( weather permitting). the sidewalk will be closed at that location And the closest traffic lane will be closed. This is the last phase of the sewer line project. immediately after we will start removing the big black pipe which hopefully should take us about 3 to 3 1/2 weeks.
    Dumpster was moved when I rode by this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Greenbelt plowed the connector path on the commuter route from Old Greenbelt up toward Ivy Lane and Metro station and College Park area. Kudus for getting on it day 1.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the Custis cleared, and the W&OD between Custis and East Falls Church

Post Thanks / Like

I was driving down Shreve Rd and saw the blower working the W&OD going west. It looked like the trail was pretty clear east of there going into Falls Church City.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikoglaces View Post
    Is the Custis cleared, and the W&OD between Custis and East Falls Church
    Was just gonna post this:
    Custis entrance at N Wakefield is apparently blocked...by the snow from the team clearing the trail I think.

Monica on Facebook Women & Bicycles said :
    "Arlington peeps. Looks like DES plowed snow and blocked the trail entrance. And parksand rec didn't salt or plow this section of the custis. How am I supposed to get to work tomorrow??!! (rhetorical) I could shovel the trail but I'm not sure about the mess the plows left behind."

She said she tweeted at various Arlington agencies but heard nothing. Any ideas? Besides clearing it herself?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Montgomery County did a gorgeous job plowing its section of the CCT. Of course, with the National Park Service closed, the DC section is completely impassable.

9. Likes Crickey7 liked this post
    Dislikes Crickey7 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The MBT is in pretty good shape from Franklin to R, decent shape (at least one side passable) from R to NY Avenue, and an utter disaster from M to Florida.

11. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mix of conditions out by where I live near Shirlington. Sorry for the sideways pictures--the forum is rotating my images for some reason.

My neighborhood in Alexandria is great, and so are main roads from what I can tell, but Arlandria/N. Del Ray has some pretty sketchy neighborhood roads still. Mt. Vernon Ave sidewalk between 4 mile run park and 4 mile run trail is covered in ice and slush. It's probably not rideable based on the theory if you fall you'll go right into traffic. I walked my bike along that section. The trail through Four Mile Run park is plowed and in great condition.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190114_140122.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	18943

4mrt between Mt. Vernon Ave and where it runs along Glebe is great. Once you get to Glebe though it's almost impassable on bike. It looks like the road crews plowed the snow up onto the trail. I forgot to take a picture sadly since I was busy walking my bike across it (and even that took some effort). It becomes a little better (and rideable, if you go slow) after it turns away from Glebe. The little bridge the construction crews made has about a foot of snow on it. The trail is on and off covered in snow, ice, and who-knows what until 395. My concern is that by morning, the slush which is currently rideable is going to turn into very un-ridable ice. Then it clears up and becomes nice again.

Under glebe is a HUGE puddle, which may turn into some nasty ice tonight.

Name:	20190114_142408.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	18946

The bridge from Shirlington to Alexandria is pretty sketchy on the up and down, but SO MUCH FUN to ride across.

Name:	20190114_143336.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	18948Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190114_143511.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	18949

13. Likes LhasaCM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts View Post
    Was just gonna post this:
    Custis entrance at N Wakefield is apparently blocked...by the snow from the team clearing the trail I think.

Monica on Facebook Women & Bicycles said :
    "Arlington peeps. Looks like DES plowed snow and blocked the trail entrance. And parksand rec didn't salt or plow this section of the custis. How am I supposed to get to work tomorrow??!! (rhetorical) I could shovel the trail but I'm not sure about the mess the plows left behind."

She said she tweeted at various Arlington agencies but heard nothing. Any ideas? Besides clearing it herself?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Explosives?

15. Likes streetsmarts liked this post