Likes Likes:  148
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2019 - Road and Trail Conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by semperiden View Post
    This section is getting worst and worst.
    Agreed. I've got someone from BikeArlington on the line and have shared pictures of the obstruction. She's communicating with the project team and we'll try to get it rectified. It's been that way since Christmas, and I've seen people doing dangerous things trying to get around. Be safe.

2. Likes Emm, consularrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ginacico View Post
    Agreed. I've got someone from BikeArlington on the line and have shared pictures of the obstruction. She's communicating with the project team and we'll try to get it rectified. It's been that way since Christmas, and I've seen people doing dangerous things trying to get around. Be safe.
    Thanks for doing that! Let me know if it helps if I complain as well. I cross to the trail around that section. It is not a big deal because I do it on a bike, but I can see someone on foot having no other choice but crossing illegally.

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for doing that! Let me know if it helps if I complain as well. I cross to the trail around that section. It is not a big deal because I do it on a bike, but I can see someone on foot having no other choice but crossing illegally.

Please contact the Arlington Project Manager Hisham Wadham at hwahdan@arlingtonva.us

I have a half drafted email about the contractor failing to maintain signage, parking vehicles on the trail unnecessarily and also driving vehicles on the trail without routing folks to the detour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes semperiden, dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will do. Thanks of the contact info!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Please contact the Arlington Project Manager Hisham Wadham at hwahdan@arlingtonva.us
    That's the PM for the ArlCo sewer pipe project.

Be aware that the dumpster and detour signs might belong to the Berkeley apartments construction project (if you can distinguish one obstruction from another). I just dug up their contact info as well, Mary Claire Davis (AHC, Inc.) at davismc@ahc.org.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

I noticed it too when someone got out without looking when I was passing.

This section is getting worst and worst. The contractors decided to close off the sidewalk/trail in front of the shopping center without any safe accommodations. It makes someone trying to cross legally to the trail - and even a bus stop - to make a detour of at least half a mile. I don't know if that is allowed?
    Please get pictures. This is one of the BAC's "priorities" for this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ginacico View Post
    That's the PM for the ArlCo sewer pipe project.

Be aware that the dumpster and detour signs might belong to the Berkeley apartments construction project (if you can distinguish one obstruction from another). I just dug up their contact info as well, Mary Claire Davis (AHC, Inc.) at davismc@ahc.org.
    I got a response from Mr. Wahdan that he contacted the contractor and that they said they will pick up the dumpster tomorrow. Also on an update to the sewer line:

Monday we are scheduled to start relining the sewer pipe in that location which is a continuous 4 to 5 day process ( weather permitting). the sidewalk will be closed at that location And the closest traffic lane will be closed. This is the last phase of the sewer line project. immediately after we will start removing the big black pipe which hopefully should take us about 3 to 3 1/2 weeks.

10. Likes Emm, ginacico, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    Please get pictures. This is one of the BAC's "priorities" for this year.
    This particular obstruction has been there since before Christmas (pics taken 12/25), but the construction zone and detour has been a pain for months.

Dumpster completely blocking trail / sidewalk to the light at Glebe & Meade. (Apparently it will be removed tomorrow.) Pedestrians and cyclists have been trying to walk around, which means either shimmying between the dumpster and a backhoe, or stepping out into the traffic lane.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2686(1).jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	18856

Signs closing off sidewalk. The detour is to cross Glebe at the other end of the shopping center, which is a long way and there's no light or crosswalk; with the speed of traffic on Glebe, it's not safe.

Name:	IMG_2687.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	18857

Ironically there's a fence and signage protecting a tree. Pedestrians, not so much.

Name:	IMG_2688.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	18858

12. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a response from Mr. Wahdan that he contacted the contractor and that they said they will pick up the dumpster tomorrow. Also on an update to the sewer line:

Monday we are scheduled to start relining the sewer pipe in that location which is a continuous 4 to 5 day process ( weather permitting). the sidewalk will be closed at that location And the closest traffic lane will be closed. This is the last phase of the sewer line project. immediately after we will start removing the big black pipe which hopefully should take us about 3 to 3 1/2 weeks.

Awesome! Thank you for e-mailing. I'm glad that the project is almost over and I hope all of the damage to the trail and the surrounding landscaping is repaired.

Post Thanks / Like

It would appear that NPS will not be clearing snow from their portion of the CCT. Be warned.