Likes Likes:  126
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: #BAFS2019spiriteuring Pointless Prize

Post Thanks / Like

Taking a break from beernuering- we visited the Falls Church Distillery. Incredible find- I had the Great Falls Negroni. Smooth gin - Iíll be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Boomer2U liked this post
    Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ride 1:
    I partook of the "drinking all day and into the night" ride Saturday, with the stop at FC Distillers.

I got a "Winter Martini" which used vodka rather than gin. It was quite refreshing and put a smile on my ride buddy's face. The lemon infused gin that was passed around was really excellent. This was a really great place, which is why we hung out there for a long, long time. Would love to go back and hang out again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fc distillers sign.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	19166

Name:	winter martini.JPG 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	19167

4. Likes smb9600, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    This was a really great place, which is why we hung out there for a long, long time. Would love to go back and hang out again.
    All you have to do is say the word.

I mean, where else can you get deviled eggs and good, local bourbon?!

6. Likes smb9600, Boomer2U, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Spiritneuring #1

As part of the "you can not drink all day if you do not start in the morning" ride, we descended upon one of my favourite hang outs in Falls Church: The Falls Church Distillery. (Otherwise known as "The Distillery".)

I had the Church Bourbon (neat), which is really quite smooth with just a hint of spicy sweetness. 10/10 will have again. Probably at some point this weekend.

Name:	IMG_7433[1].jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	19180

8. Likes smb9600, Boomer2U, Steve O liked this post
    Falls Church VA or Bristol UK 🇬🇧 or Brazil 🇧🇷
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smb9600 View Post

Taking a break from beernuering- we visited the Falls Church Distillery. Incredible find- I had the Great Falls Negroni. Smooth gin - Iíll be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 point for @smb9600 for having a gin cocktail for lunch, +1 for doing that between #BAFS2019beerneuring stops, +4 for adding deviled eggs and +10 points for organizing the greatest binge ride ev-ar! 16 points total!!

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

10. Likes Steve O, smb9600 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Ride 1:
    I partook of the "drinking all day and into the night" ride Saturday, with the stop at FC Distillers.

I got a "Winter Martini" which used vodka rather than gin. It was quite refreshing and put a smile on my ride buddy's face. The lemon infused gin that was passed around was really excellent. This was a really great place, which is why we hung out there for a long, long time. Would love to go back and hang out again.

Name:	fc distillers sign.JPG 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	19166

Name:	winter martini.JPG 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	19167
    1 point to @SteveO for his first posting, +1 for having a liquid lunch, +1 for doing that between #BAFS2019beerneuring stops, and +1 for bringing Mr Happy along as the inanimate designated driver (which can only be used once per ride no matter how much alcohol is consumed). 4 points total!

12. Likes smb9600 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    As part of the "you can not drink all day if you do not start in the morning" ride, we descended upon one of my favourite hang outs in Falls Church: The Falls Church Distillery. (Otherwise known as "The Distillery".)

I had the Church Bourbon (neat), which is really quite smooth with just a hint of spicy sweetness. 10/10 will have again. Probably at some point this weekend.

Name:	IMG_7433[1].jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	19180
    1 point for @sunyata for having a liquid lunch, +1 for doing that between #BAFS2019beerneuring stops, +4 for adding deviled eggs and +1 for the really cool retro merino wool cycling jersey. 7 points total!

14. Likes Steve O, smb9600, bikedavid, Sunyata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A few of us went to Cotton & Reed, a rum distillery, after HandlebarDC's alleys of DC ride for some spiriteuring. We had passed close to Union Market during the tour but didn't have time to stop there. Boomer the creator of the Spiriteuring prize was kind enough to come with us and partake. I am a sucker for campari and got the Redbeard cocktail which had a bit of ginger. It was very refreshing!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

16. Likes smb9600, Steve O, Boomer2U, Sunyata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bikedavid View Post
    A few of us went to Cotton & Reed, a rum distillery, after HandlebarDC's alleys of DC ride for some spiriteuring. We had passed close to Union Market during the tour but didn't have time to stop there. Boomer the creator of the Spiriteuring prize was kind enough to come with us and partake. I am a sucker for campari and got the Redbeard cocktail which had a bit of ginger. It was very refreshing!

1 point to @BikeDavid for his first post on this thread, +1 point for having a matching blood orange to my cocktail and +5 points for taking me along after @handlebarsDC's #alleysofDC ride. 7 points total!

18. Likes bikedavid, Edelweiss liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

More spiriteuring! Passed by District Distilling on the way home. They distill a number of spirits from rum and gin to bourbon. Had a cocktail with the Wild June, their western style gin. Quite flavorful without being too overwhelming. Also found that the bartender Javier looked remarkably similar to a friend in San Francisco! See what you think of the resemblance.,

Last edited by bikedavid; 01-31-2019 at 04:55 AM.

20. Likes Boomer2U, kwarkentien, Edelweiss liked this post