Likes Likes:  26
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team 18 Clubhouse 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone! I'm Teresea (aka KiliScout) and I live in Arlington, in the Fairlington neighborhood. This is my first time doing Freezing Saddles, and I aim to ride about 40 miles a week, mostly as part of my commute to DC, and some occasional weekend rides. It's my goal to ride at a minimum 70 days during the FS timeframe, even if some of those are just for the single mile. I've trained my dog to run beside my bike, so I'll take him on a one-mile route around my block on the days I don't do a longer ride.

I'm up for riding on the road, gravel, or local trails, and am happy to venture into Maryland for a change of scenery!

My cross bike is headed into the shop today, so I'll probably be slacking on the miles this week, but will at least get my road bike out for a couple loops around my neighborhood.

Regarding communications, Strava works for me. I look forward to meeting some of you at a bike ride or happy hour!

2. Likes Sunyata, shardg, ChampionTier liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Possible team name -- Spokes 'n Ice? Or Spokes and Ice?

Post Thanks / Like

Or "IceCycles"

Post Thanks / Like

Belgium and Portugal...sounds like we should have a field trip across the pond! Nice to "meet" everyone and look forward to doing so in real life. I'm partial to Strava to communicate as I'm on there pretty much every day (and it's easy on my phone), whereas I find the forum to be antiquated (unless I just haven't configured my settings to get notifications on new posts).

I've sleazed a couple days -- and it looks like my .2 mile ride Sunday night counted -- but was able to get out in it today. Overall the roads are clear, but a couple neighborhood streets had some chunky (sort of slushy) ice where I had to unclip to keep from kissing the ground, but overall it was a good ride. (Of course, I now need to wash my bike, but that just means it got some use!)

6. Likes shardg, ChampionTier liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning! Your team is showing 11 players on the scoreboard - can you please make sure only the 10 authorized players are part of your Strava team until at least after happy hour?

8. Likes josh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Team 3 is sending over their bad hombres, I've cleaned us back up and we're back at ten law-abiding riders. LSG is the worst!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Team 3 is sending over their bad hombres, I've cleaned us back up and we're back at ten law-abiding riders. LSG is the worst!
    You're still showing 11 on the leaderboard. Can you tell me which one isn't an official member so I can clean out the database?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    You're still showing 11 on the leaderboard. Can you tell me which one isn't an official member so I can clean out the database?
    I'm not an official Team 18 member.
    Last edited by musclys; 03-25-2019 at 12:07 PM.

12. Likes dcv liked this post