Likes Likes:  38
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Freezing Saddles Technology - 2019 Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strumke View Post
    I just want to say that the time spent to make this whole thing was well worth it (and probably took quite a while!). Kudos to all those who set up and maintain the IT aspect. I understood only a tiny slice of that original post, and couldn't tell if you were just f-ing around and writing nonsense or not (looks like not).

Thanks again and keep it up!
    When in doubt, buy hozn or obscurerichard a beer. They deserve it

2. Likes Judd, LhasaCM, Sunyata, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sigh. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Did i crash freezingsaddles.org? I was looking at the individual leaderboard (text) and refreshed the page successfully. When i clicked on my name i got an error, something like “internal server..” when I refreshed the page again I got a 502 Bad Gateway nginx error. I was using mobile safari, but I also tried mobile chrome and got the same error. This was at about 12:10 1/30/19.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by awitt View Post
    Did i crash freezingsaddles.org? I was looking at the individual leaderboard (text) and refreshed the page successfully. When i clicked on my name i got an error, something like “internal server..” when I refreshed the page again I got a 502 Bad Gateway nginx error. I was using mobile safari, but I also tried mobile chrome and got the same error. This was at about 12:10 1/30/19.
    OMG YOU BROKE EVERYTHING IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT

Just kidding. It's nearly if not completely impossible for you to cause a 502 error by viewing the website, although providing the page, the error you got, the time, and browser you were using is in general very helpful for debugging, so thanks for that.

It's back up now - you probably caught the site right as the crew of relief hamsters was climbing into the wheels for their shift.

6. Likes Steve O, LhasaCM, awitt, streetsmarts liked this post
    Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Can this be fixed?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spaceship.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	19357

8. Likes josh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Can this be fixed?

I mentioned how to correct the elevation on one of those problematic activities. I do agree that illegitimate outliers make that plot no fun.

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I mentioned how to correct the elevation on one of those problematic activities. I do agree that illegitimate outliers make that plot no fun.
    His activities appear to have been corrected for at least a week, so it has something to do with the data on the site.

Post Thanks / Like

Can this be fixed?

Sounds like someone is jelly of Team 17: Ice, Ice, Baby's crushing of all other team's measly elevation efforts

Footage from last weekend's team ride:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek-xBeCERpw
    Last edited by drevil; 02-12-2019 at 09:50 AM.

12. Likes Emm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    What evidence do you have to know this is illegitimate? Maybe PaytonJ did a shit ton of hill repeats. [Full disclosure: He's my teammate.]
    Last edited by chuxtr; 02-12-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

His activities appear to have been corrected for at least a week, so it has something to do with the data on the site.
    It looks to me like freezingsaddles.org keeps the climbing statistics from the first time it finds the ride. I have an ELEMNT Bolt that gives me too much climbing credit relative to Strava (maybe because I don't use the aero mount which might keep the barometric elevation sensor from being affected as much by wind?). I eventually correct my elevation on the Strava web site, but the correction does not seem to pass through to freezingsaddles.org so my elevation per mile in Freezing Saddles is much higher than that calculated from my Strava training log.