Likes Likes:  21
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Tandem Ride Pointless Prize #FS2019tandem

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tandem Ride Pointless Prize #FS2019tandem

I'm offering a (to be determined) pointless prize for the most number of tandem rides (either as a captain or stoker). The hashtag will be: #FS2019tandem. If we need a tie-breaker, the prize will go to the person who rode the longest rides.

You can ride a tandem that you already own, borrow, or rent, in the DC region, or elsewhere. You can also join the Metro Washington Association of Blind Athletes (MWABA) on our rides. The MWABA rides will probably take place on a weekend once or twice a month, generally starting from Eastern Market or Bethesda on the Anacostia Trail, Capital Crescent, or other destinations to be determined. Here's an article about MWABA's rides: https://www.railstotrails.org/trailb...-on-dc-trails/

You can get extra credit for posting photos from your tandem rides on this thread, and I'll post information about upcoming MWABA rides. Or you can sign up for the MWABA e-mail list https://gomwaba.org/volunteer-with-us/

Shira

P.S. do I need to do anything else for the hashtag to create a leaderboard for this?

2. Likes SpaceRider, drevil, LhasaCM, Judd, tlm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shirag View Post
    I'm offering a (to be determined) pointless prize for the most number of tandem rides (either as a captain or stoker). The hashtag will be: #FS2019tandem. If we need a tie-breaker, the prize will go to the person who rode the longest rides...
    Allrighty Shira! I've thought about setting up a tandem ride pointless prize before, but I wasn't sure there was enough interest. Thanks for doing it! This'll encourage me to ride my tandem more.

Now, we should combine forces and do a mashup tandem silly rabbit Trix prize! I'll think of stuff and add it to my competition. Tandem trackstand? Tandem going down stairs? Tandem Superman... mebbe not that one.

4. Likes shirag liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just added a leaderboard for it: https://freezingsaddles.org/pointless/tandem

(the GitHub issue tracking it is freezingsaddles/freezing-web#82)

6. Likes shirag liked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this challenge has caused me to finally order a few parts I need to get the tandem to fit me right and also so the stokers face isn't pressed into my back. Tandemneuring is about to happen.

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Shira and Steve O were pictured in a Rails To Trails article on MWABA.

http://www.railstotrails.org/trailbl...-on-dc-trails/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes Steve O, KWL, shirag liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, do fix that. Very important to keep your stoker happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Captains make good fairings

Really wanted to cover some miles, but turned back when we started blowing sideways.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default MWABA Tandem Ride on Saturday at 1

MWABA is doing its next tandem ride this Saturday, we're meeting at the Eastern Market metro at 12:45 and rolling out around 1. We're planning on either taking the Mt. Vernon trail to Old Town Alexandria or Jones Point Park or doing the Arlington Loop (either way we'll probably stop for coffee/snacks somewhere).

I think we're set on tandem captains, but if you come on your own bike you should be able to test out a tandem before or after or possibly switch off with another captain.

I'll post an update if the plan changes, and you can DM me if you'd like my cell phone number or if you want to be added to the MWABA e-mail list.

Shira

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Alison and Tom on your impressive number of tandem rides! Are you going to be at the closing happy hour on Wednesday to receive your prize? If not, we can coordinate getting it to you.

14. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. Unfortunately, we won't be there tonight. Please drink one for us.
    --Tom