Likes Likes:  29
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pointless Prize: Keeping it 100

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pointless Prize: Keeping it 100

In honor of the "maximum 100 miles per week counts towards your team's score" rule, I thought it'd be nice to celebrate the person who embodies that rule the most. Assuming someone didn't already think of something to do that and I just overlooked it, the prize would go to the person who:

1. Rides at least 100 miles per week (counting the 6 day week at the beginning, but probably not counting the short 2-day week at the end).
    2. Rides every day (assuming this is as common of an occurrence as recent years)
    3. Rides the least total miles.

In other words, this is the person who maximizes his/her contribution to the team (gets the maximum points for each given week) with the minimal amount of effort, if you assume effort = miles ridden.

I think this is something that'd be easy to figure out from the existing leaderboards, especially if I cut things off at midnight 3/17 with whatever's been uploaded at that point (so as to not even have to worry about the 2 day week), so shouldn't require any additional programming/calculation/whatever.

And of course, though the "my prize, my rules" standard applies, I'd like to think that I'm a reasonable person, so if anyone sees an inherent flaw in or has a better idea than my approach above, please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

I love it! It's a total Gaming the System effort while being a 100% team player! I see that there are already a number of people that have 6 days and 100 (to 102) miles. May I humbly suggest that you consider the two day week in March as a tie breaker?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pointless Prize: Keeping it 100

We'll work on building a proper leaderboard for this for the site, see: https://github.com/freezingsaddles/f...-web/issues/84

This should be able to build on the excellent work that jrenaut is doing regarding the team scoring revisions.
    Last edited by obscurerichard; 01-07-2019 at 09:10 AM.

4. Likes Steve O, LhasaCM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Richard! Edit that L out of jrenaut's name before he sees it! e

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBProFun View Post
    I love it! It's a total Gaming the System effort while being a 100% team player! I see that there are already a number of people that have 6 days and 100 (to 102) miles. May I humbly suggest that you consider the two day week in March as a tie breaker?
    My guess is that there won't be a tie (the odds of it after 11 weeks are quite low), but this would be a very reasonable approach. (The other idea I had, which would be harder to check, would be for the lowest median weekly mileage - basically, who was closest to 100 most often, so someone who rode 100, 100, and 109 miles would win the tiebreaker over someone who rode 103 each week. But that'd be a bit more time-consuming to look at.)

Quote Originally Posted by obscurerichard View Post
    We'll work on building a proper leaderboard for this for the site, see: https://github.com/freezingsaddles/f...-web/issues/84

This should be able to build on the excellent work that jrenaut is doing regarding the team scoring revisions.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Richard! Edit that L out of jrenaut's name before he sees it! e
    What L? (Trollface)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What L? (Trollface)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No idea - I don't see one in your post, nor in the quote I posted. Folks must've been seeing things.

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

What L? (Trollface)
    ...but I'm eager to teach others what they need to know. jrenaulllt has also contributed already this year (again! thank you!)...

This should be able to build on the excellent work that jrenaullt is doing regarding the team scoring revisions.
    It's all over the place!!

11. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Provisional Standings as of 3/3/2019

Based on rides uploaded as of 9PM tonight (just before the end of week 9 of Freezing Saddles) and assuming I didn't screw anything up - there are a total of 20 people who are contributing the maximum 1,520 points so far to their respective teams (riding all 62 days and at least 100 miles per week). Nicely done!

Of the 20, there are quite a few who have been racking up quite a large number of miles (you know who you are). However, there are 5 folks who have managed to get 100 miles each week so far and have more than 88% of their total miles count towards their team standings, which is what this prize is all about.

Name Miles
    Lachlan M 1,018
    Rumi M 1,000
    Marc S 994
    Maedi C 965
    Brad H 960

Only two weeks left - and with the crazy weather we have - it's anyone's (really minor) prize to claim.

13. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I never got around to learning how the website/backend works enough to contribute to figuring this out the "easy" way - I'll be pulling data off of the FS website at midnight tonight(!) to figure out the prizes for this competition. (Apologies in advance to those who don't religiously upload their rides all the time.)