Likes Likes:  121
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pointless Prize METRO PEAK PIONEER

Judd is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by n18 View Post
    You are entitled to your own views, just keep me out of it.
    I mean, you dropped in to this thread to imply that LSGís prize designed to encourage people to make use of the change in Metroís policy was going to ruin that advocacy win, but want to be left out of it when he says youíre yelling at clouds?

I donít see anything in the structure of the prize that encourages poor behavior. Most of the folks playing Freezing Saddles are upstanding citizens that will ride metro courteously with their bikes. From an advocacy stand point high utilization will create the opportunity to advocate for dedicated space for bikes on Metro like some other light rail systems have such as the St. Paul, MN system:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bikedavid View Post
    It was smooth sailng on the metro this morning from Farragust West to Reston! Spotted a couple of other cyclists taking advantage of the new policy too. Didn't want my manager to know that I have the capacity of coming in earlier so using the extra 15 minutes I made a coffee ride out of it. Quite excited that I no longer have to wait until after peak and with the extra time I can now explore some coffee shops in Reston.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Sweet. This would be a great picture and experience to e-mail to WABA and have them share on social media. They have a couple of folks riding metro with bikes this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I mean, you dropped in to this thread to imply that LSG’s prize designed to encourage people to make use of the change in Metro’s policy was going to ruin that advocacy win, but want to be left out of it when he says you’re yelling at clouds?

I don’t see anything in the structure of the prize that encourages poor behavior. Most of the folks playing Freezing Saddles are upstanding citizens that will ride metro courteously with their bikes. From an advocacy stand point high utilization will create the opportunity to advocate for dedicated space for bikes on Metro like some other light rail systems have such as the St. Paul, MN system:
    Some might read the OP(both in and outside the forum) and subsequent posts and see it as a challenge for who rides the most crowded train.

Post Thanks / Like

Some might read the OP(both in and outside the forum) and subsequent posts and see it as a challenge for who rides the most crowded train.
    I donít think we should accuse poor LSG of jeopardizing the new policy just because some people inside and outside of the forum added a bunch of words to the contest about cramming on to a crowded train that just arenít there or even implied.

Iím fairly confident that Paul Wedfield only skims the forum so I donít think LSG is putting anything at risk.

5. Likes musclys, Steve O, josh, Emm, SurlyTed1187 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay now I'm interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Okay now I'm interested.
    There are no hills involved

8. Likes musclys, Judd, Emm, josh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Extra points if you bring along Bianchi's newest bike!!!

https://www.theonion.com/bianchi-int...n-s-1819579824

10. Likes drevil, SurlyTed1187, Edelweiss, msalemme, KWL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    There are no hills involved
    ďRide in front of a metro train. Live forever.Ē - Subby

12. Likes rcannon100, LhasaCM, Subby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brett L. View Post
    Extra points if you bring along Bianchi's newest bike!!!

https://www.theonion.com/bianchi-int...n-s-1819579824
    Only 7 feet long? I wish my normal ride were that short. In any event, the length and width would put this outside of the allowable size limits (that still exist), so please don't break Metro's rules. (Apparently, my 750mm wide flat bars are already too large for Metro, so I still can't bring my regular bike on board)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bikedavid View Post
    It was smooth sailng on the metro this morning from Farragust West to Reston! Spotted a couple of other cyclists taking advantage of the new policy too. Didn't want my manager to know that I have the capacity of coming in earlier so using the extra 15 minutes I made a coffee ride out of it. Quite excited that I no longer have to wait until after peak and with the extra time I can now explore some coffee shops in Reston.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Give it to us straight though man; how much K-Y Jelly did you have to lather up with to squeeze yourself into this tight lil tube?

15. Likes Judd, SurlyTed1187, josh liked this post