Likes Likes:  121
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pointless Prize METRO PEAK PIONEER

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Pointless Prize METRO PEAK PIONEER

SurlyTed and I would like to celebrate the recent news that DC Metro is now finally allowing bikes on trains during peak hours by sponsoring a new freezing saddles pointless prize competition.

This winter's your chance to demonstrate that You are the KOM/QOM of METRO'S PEAK hours by going multi-modal and riding both your trusty rusty bikey and a smokey brokey subway on into work.

To score a point, ride your bike to or from a metro station and post a picture of your bike from that ride on the train during the newly opened peak hours (5 to 10 am and 3 to 7 pm weekdays). You should pause the strava ride while you're in the system so nothing weird happens to your gps/ride data. Put hashtag #bafsmetro in your ride to show up on the leaderboard, or post the pic and link to the ride here in this thread (hell, your impressions of the experience would be appreciated too).

The person who proves multi-modal the most times will be the Metro Peak Pioneer and win a prize to be stoked about!

Rides that use the #bafsmetro hashtag will tally here:
    https://freezingsaddles.org/pointless/hashtag/bafsmetro
    Last edited by LeprosyStudyGroup; 01-11-2019 at 06:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeprosyStudyGroup View Post
    SurlyTed and I would like to celebrate the recent news that DC Metro is now finally allowing bikes on trains during peak hours by sponsoring a new freezing saddles pointless prize competition.

This winter's your chance to demonstrate that You are the KOM/QOM of METRO'S PEAK hours by going multi-modal and riding both your trusty rusty bikey and a smokey brokey subway on into work.

To score a point, ride your bike to or from a metro station and post a picture of your bike from that ride on the train during the newly opened peak hours (5 to 9:30 am and 3 to 7 pm weekdays). Put hashtag #bafsmetro in your ride to show up on the leaderboard, or post the pic and link to the ride here in this thread (hell, your impressions of the experience would be appreciated too).

The person who proves multi-modal the most times will be the Metro Peak Pioneer and win a prize to be stoked about!
    Will you get bonus points if the train is so crowded and parts of your bike are up your rear end? That should make for some interesting pictures!!

Post Thanks / Like

Riding your bike is not allowed inside the metro system Alan, but you do you.

4. Likes bmif, josh, musclys, Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeprosyStudyGroup View Post
    Riding your bike is not allowed inside the metro system Alan, but you do you.
    I'm not sure what your reply means. But I was just posting a humorous take on what an overcrowded train would be like when you added in a bicycle commuter being very close to their bike.

6. Likes Bob James liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well said Leo. Canít wait to see some pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just added a link to this to the Freezing Saddles menu. I may go for this tomorrow morning myself

Post Thanks / Like

It's not good to see what seems to be people hard at work to help reinstate the ban.

Post Thanks / Like

In other news, The Sky Is Falling. All Freezing Saddlers are advised to stay indoors as much as possible or risk getting beamed in the face by the violent heavens. Leading scientists point to data that you may be somewhat safe from this taking the Metro but getting to and from is just too dangerous. Please be safe and stay indoors and make as many dumb posts as possible on this forum with me and n18 instead.

12. Likes bikedavid, Judd, Emm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You are entitled to your own views, just keep me out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

It was smooth sailng on the metro this morning from Farragust West to Reston! Spotted a couple of other cyclists taking advantage of the new policy too. Didn't want my manager to know that I have the capacity of coming in earlier so using the extra 15 minutes I made a coffee ride out of it. Quite excited that I no longer have to wait until after peak and with the extra time I can now explore some coffee shops in Reston.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk