Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fess up!

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fess up!

Okay, who's playing with robots on their commute? Cargo bike, eh? Hmmmm.

Post Thanks / Like

I read on the interwebs that the guy that did that should be flogged. Having fun while riding a bike should be criminalized. :P

Post Thanks / Like

Arlnow is up in arms that this bicyclist was endangering him/herself - but who cares. I am personally blown away at the Rock'em Sock'em design permanency. Much like the age-old adage regarding "building a better mousetrap," I think it will be years before we see any substantive advances in the field of plastic robot pugilism.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I kinda like where the Arlington Now conversation went. There are always gonna be people who don't get it and poo poo everything. Some people got upset. Some people got a laugh. I got a laugh out of some of the reactions.

Post Thanks / Like

A huge percentage of ArlNow commenters are habitual cranks who post all day, every day. I'd take anything they say with a huge grain of salt. I've gotten to the point where I just read the stories via an RSS reader, and avoid the negativity altogether.
    Last edited by RideTheWomble; 11-08-2011 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Clarification of characterization of ArlNow commenters

Post Thanks / Like

...which means I have no idea what you all are talking about, and I'm not going to ruin my day by going and reading the comments.

I know all about the Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots, though!

Post Thanks / Like

..and another thing - I've ridden with Pete, and he does not need any stinkin' robots to endanger himself!

PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RideTheWomble View Post
    A huge percentage of ArlNow commenters are habitual cranks who post all day, every day
    You got that right, although I have to admit to commenting on ARLnow too, on occasion. But I swear I'm not one of the cranks!

Post Thanks / Like

The cranks inspire me.

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Rock em Sock em made washcycle this morning!
    http://www.thewashcycle.com/2011/11/...-tailwind.html

I assume from this thread the folks that don't like it are at ArlNow. off to read that for a giggle.