Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why am I not on the leaderboard?

Post Thanks / Like

Fast Friendly Guy: I'm tracking this issue here: https://github.com/freezingsaddles/f...-web/issues/73

Post Thanks / Like

I have a similar issue: I am showing as "Eric" instead of "Eric P" I thought I knew who i was, but now I'm not sure. I guess if all of the other Eric's have a last initial, it is ok, but in case this is a symptom of a larger problem I thought you should know. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Friendly Guy View Post
    Hello. Thanks to everyone involved for setting up the user interface . The Freezing Saddles Leaderboard identifies me only as "David". Would it be possible to identify me more specifically?
    How about David P. or FFG. The way it is now, even I don't know who I am) Thanks again.

Who should I ask about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by epilsk View Post
    I have a similar issue: I am showing as "Eric" instead of "Eric P" I thought I knew who i was, but now I'm not sure. I guess if all of the other Eric's have a last initial, it is ok, but in case this is a symptom of a larger problem I thought you should know. Thanks
    Yeah, this is a bit weird. In prior years, if two people had the same first name, they both had a last initial shown. Otherwise, it was just first names. However, this year, we have people who have the same first names as others without the initial. And Kris N gets a last initial, in spite of being the only Kris on the board.

However, it looks like obscurerichard is already on this one, so I'll leave him to do his job.

Post Thanks / Like

The current algorithm in use is to use only a first name if it is unique among the participants, and to disambiguate using one or more letters from the last name.

I think it would be good to allow logged in users to update their display name without having to get the administrators involved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obscurerichard View Post
    The current algorithm in use is to use only a first name if it is unique among the participants, and to disambiguate using one or more letters from the last name.
    The issue is, it's not working that way. See my comment, above.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by epilsk View Post
    It looks like the first to register gets the unadorned name. I can change yours to Eric P now though.

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

God bless @obscurerichard for taking this on. He's spending an incredible amount of time, night/day/weekend on all of this. I am completely swamped at work, so I have absolutely zero regrets for stepping away from this madness -- Except that I feel bad for Richard (especially where lack of documentation etc. adds to the learning curve of the current software). A lot of external deps changed this year, though -- changes to Strava authorization being particularly significant and disappearance of wunderground for weather data. So this is no small effort. And, of course, he's doing this almost completely alone.

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't mind, that would be great. And a million thanks for all that you are doing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    God bless @obscurerichard for taking this on. He's spending an incredible amount of time, night/day/weekend on all of this. I am completely swamped at work, so I have absolutely zero regrets for stepping away from this madness -- Except that I feel bad for Richard (especially where lack of documentation etc. adds to the learning curve of the current software). A lot of external deps changed this year, though -- changes to Strava authorization being particularly significant and disappearance of wunderground for weather data. So this is no small effort. And, of course, he's doing this almost completely alone.
    I finally got my dev environment working yesterday, so I'll be helping a bit more from here on out, but not nearly as much as I'd like to. As always, anyone with coding experience (Especially Python) is very welcome to help out with the website and backend.

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    And, of course, he's doing this almost completely alone.
    One of the downsides of being obscure.