Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why am I not on the leaderboard?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why am I not on the leaderboard?

Obscurerichard has now fixed the problems with the leaderboard that we were having yesterday and earlier today. If you're not on it, please try these things before contacting him. (Note: obscurerichard is in charge of this. I am not in charge of anything other than getting you registered in the first place.)
    1. Have you ridden yet? You won't be on it until you ride.
    2. Was your first ride within the past couple of hours? If so, please wait a couple of hours. The leaderboard does not update in real time.
    3. Have you joined the Freezing Saddles 2019 Strava club? If not, or if you're not sure, please click on this link and go join.
    4. If none of the above is the problem, please go to https://freezingsaddles.org/authorize. Choose whether to authorize Freezing Saddles to read only your public Strava miles or both public and private miles. When you click on that, you will get to a second page. You can see on the screenshot, below,what the second page should look like if you authorize both public and private miles. You don't have to give Freezing Saddles permission to read your private miles, but you do at least have to give it authorization to "View your complete Strava profile." Once you have all the boxes checked that you want, you'll need to click "Authorize" at the bottom of the page. That should cause you to appear on the leaderboard within a few hours. (This problem arises because Strava changed its authorization code in the middle of registration, not because of anything we did.)

Name:  Authorize.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  48.0 KB
    Last edited by cvcalhoun; 01-04-2019 at 11:45 PM.

2. Likes schvin, ImaCynic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! I feel whole again...

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for this!

Unfortunately I believe I've followed all of the steps (have data from the 1st out there, joined the FS group on strava, checked all the grant access boxes, etc) , but still get an error when doing the oauth for the site. I had this issue when I registered, but thought maybe it was a hold over from last year's data or something, if I was premature.

Authorization Failed
    There was an error authorizing the Freezing Saddles application to access your Strava account.
    Error code: ATHLETE_NOT_FOUND

No urgency from me, I just want to make sure I don't get bumped out for lack of participation

My strava account number is 643261.

5. Likes LeprosyStudyGroup liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by schvin View Post

Authorization Failed
    There was an error authorizing the Freezing Saddles application to access your Strava account.
    I'm getting the same error message.

Strava #7353524

Henry

Post Thanks / Like

Well, in case Strava hasn't caused enough problems already, the Strava site has been up and down today. Their status page says everything is fine. Their status page lies. We can't get Strava to authorize when Strava itself is down, but I seriously hope they will get their act together soon.

8. 01-02-2019, 09:30 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    I'm getting the same error message.

Strava #7353524

Henry
    Please try this: https://freezingsaddles.org/authorize

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by schvin View Post
    Thank you for this!

Unfortunately I believe I've followed all of the steps (have data from the 1st out there, joined the FS group on strava, checked all the grant access boxes, etc) , but still get an error when doing the oauth for the site. I had this issue when I registered, but thought maybe it was a hold over from last year's data or something, if I was premature.

Authorization Failed

No urgency from me, I just want to make sure I don't get bumped out for lack of participation

My strava account number is 643261.

Please try this and let me know if it works: https://freezingsaddles.org/authorize

11. Likes schvin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obscurerichard View Post
    That seemed to work. Will begin obsessively checking leader board soon. Thx.
    Henry

Post Thanks / Like

Hello. Thanks to everyone involved for setting up the user interface . The Freezing Saddles Leaderboard identifies me only as "David". Would it be possible to identify me more specifically?
    How about David P. or FFG. The way it is now, even I don't know who I am) Thanks again.

Who should I ask about this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Friendly Guy View Post
    Who should I ask about this?
    Obscurerichard. He's head of the backend.