Likes Likes:  336
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Beerneuring BAFS 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I didnít know the MD Meadworks was here until I read some of the earlier posts. Looks like this competition is good for business as well as supporting alcoholism. Just got me a flight of 4 of the 5 meads they are serving.

Loving the Dragonís Breath, but I like it better mixed with the Mead Marion, which is pretty sweet but has nice flavors. Tart and Gwen is interesting due to the addition of thyme but I donít think I would want more than a taster at one time. Bitter bee is a nice dry mead with a little hoppiness for us beer lovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Boomer2U, Edelweiss, sjclaeys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Beerneuring #3

1/5 at Settle Down Easy, a newbie in Falls Church, with fxbooks.

Beer 1 Sweet Scoville Sting, a honey jalepeno ale. I'd like a little less honey in this one and let the heat linger.
    Beer 2 Clank your chains, a DIPA. Resiny and fruity. I'll be back for this one.
    Beer 3 Hop-Wah Phonic, a west coast style IPA. Light, nicely bitter but I'm not getting the mosaic hops.
    Beer 4 Le Grand Chocolat, an imperial milk stout. Smooth, creamy and chocolaty.

Overall, I like this place and will be back!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190105_163149.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	18776

4. Likes KWL, josh, Boomer2U, sjclaeys, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default jrenaut #1: Atlas

Atlas. An old favorite. I had the Resilience IPA, which helps support some charity but I didn't like all that much, and the Apricot IPA, which is extremely apricot-y and unexpectedly good. The kids rode their own bikes so if they were legally able to drink they would have gotten a point too

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jrenaut; 01-05-2019 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Title

6. Likes LhasaCM, Boomer2U, Edelweiss, sjclaeys, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    Atlas. An old favorite. I had the Resilience IPA, which helps support some charity
    It is to raise funds to help recovery from the Camp Fire in Butte County, California. https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ef/2462369002/

8. Likes jrenaut, Boomer2U, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3 Stars!

to this stupid thing for uniting random people. Ran into other competitors here and found out my GF is trying to usurp me by sneakily going to breweries without me!

Drinking a #ultrafresh. Tasty IPA!

10. Likes Boomer2U, sjclaeys, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last one for today. Right proper in Brookland.

More hops for my belly, pairs well w a prosciutto pie from Melomale!

12. Likes Boomer2U, Edelweiss, sjclaeys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I didnít know it was Rumiís establishment. Thatís cool. She posted a picture of a Maryland Meadworks jersey on Twitter recently that was really cool. It had a bee with the Maryland flag incorporated.

Methinks a group beerneuring event to support Rumiís business is in order.

My Bike Friday agrees!:-)

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

14. Likes LhasaCM, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New District Brewing Co #BAFS2019beerneuring 03

All thanks due to @fxbooks and @reji whom I bumped into while riding on the 4 mile run trail in Shirlington VA on Friday afternoon. They kindly invited me to join them for beerneuring points. Being easily led astray, I postponed my search for a hidden public mural and rendered assistance to their higher objective.

I ordered a beer flight across the light to dark spectrum, of which the "local" (porter style) was my clear favorite. I was envious of @fxbook's flight as she opted for the dark beers, which I wish I had, too. Oh well, guess that I will just have to go back!

After finishing our libations, they kindly helped me complete my objective to photograph the public mural along side 4 mile run in the Shirlington Dog Park. Normally one does not see this mural when riding the bike trail as it is across the river, inside the dog park, and hidden when there are leaves on trees.

Last edited by Boomer2U; 01-05-2019 at 11:48 PM.

16. Likes Edelweiss, sjclaeys, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Beerneuring BAFS 2019

Port City Brewing Co, #BAFS2019beerneuring 03

I joined 2/3rds of the Watson family (@CBGanimal and @mydear_Watson) on Saturday afternoon for a beerneuring ride to Port City in Alexandria VA.

I sampled the Monumental IPA, Downright Pilsner and Robust Porter (which was my favorite).

I had not been to Port City for a few years, and they have significantly expanded in all dimensions: square footage, beer selection, # of vats, and customers... Good to see a local business thriving, giving the people what they want!

I like Port City's system for samples: you buy a set of coupons which you exchange for any beer (except for the special edition "Colossal"), instead of a flight of several beers all at once on a plank. So you can save and use your left over coupons for another visit if you don't use them all up at once. Guess that I'll have to happily go back to finish my coupons!

Last edited by Boomer2U; 01-09-2019 at 12:31 AM.

18. Likes sjclaeys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Beerneuring #3 - The Public Option

Every time I've visited The Public Option ( http://www.thepublicoptiondc.com/ ), I've had a good time. Tonight was no exception. It's a small neighborhood spot, and they always have good beer and a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. They pride themselves on paying their employees a living wage and a corresponding no tipping policy.

The Public Option is on Rhode Island in NE DC in the Langdon/Woodbridge area. From the Hyattsville area, I take residential streets through Brentwood, Mt. Rainier, and Brookland. I'm not a fan of some of the drivers on Rhode Island, and ride parallel until I can take a cross walk on Rhode Island to the front of the brewery. From NoVA or other points in DC you can probably take the MBT and take residential streets through Brookland.

I had the ESB, which was a good beer for a warm winter night on the patio.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beerneuring #3 The Public Option.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	18777

20. Likes mydear_watson, sjclaeys, Boomer2U liked this post